𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘖𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘈𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘠𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘊𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴, 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘑𝘕’𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴 𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘻𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥.
Journalism is in urgent need of repair. Its preoccupation with dysfunction, corruption and pathology undermines public discourse, inhibits citizenship, and fails to provide society with key information to self-govern and self-correct.
The Solutions Journalism Network is leading a practice change to confront this failure, building capacity for reporting about responses to social problems. We’ve worked with over 10,000 journalists and 200 news organizations to cover society more comprehensively, revealing possibilities for civic agency and connection.
SJN’s Practice Change team operates at the core of this mission. It introduces offers resources and activities that catalyze the adoption of solutions reporting and hosts a network of learning and sharing geared to rapidly spread this professional shift. Our relationships with diverse newsrooms and individual journalists yield many hundreds of reporting projects a year.
That means a lot of moving parts. The Operations Associate will track and support these activities, ensuring effective coordination and communication both among the Practice Change team and between the team and its expanding universe of journalism constituents.
- Coordinate the centralized tracking of key activities and deliverables across the team
- Support the tracking of newsroom and journalist relationships
- Support newsroom and journalist projects, including processing formal agreements; and tracking deliverables and reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate with SJN’s development function to meet grant reporting requirements
- Work with team members and SJN’s data analysis director to ensure integrity and coherence of our data
- Support logistics planning for certain SJN events
- Direct internal team communications, ensuring that our colleagues – half of whom are based outside NYC – feel connected.
- Strong entrepreneurial aptitude: The operations associate won’t be content to just do tasks as directed. This person will be geared to look out for problems – and then solve them.
- Passionate attention to detail. There are a lot of details in this role.
- Collaborative disposition: This person should get energy from working with others.
- Outstanding communications, including impeccable spelling and grammar. Remember, we’re journalists – and we’re serving journalists.
- Facility with Salesforce or comparable relationship management system; Asana; and Dropbox – or an eagerness to learn.
- A passion for journalistic excellence and the role of journalism in society
Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) with health benefits; generous paid time-off and work-schedule flexibility
Please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdHn_QozNVHeirpq30KL490VrH0pRG...
You will be asked to attach a resume and cover letter and answer a few brief questions.
Diversity of perspective, identity, and experience is important to us: We want to reflect and serve the whole of society. As a result we encourage diverse applicants to seek employment, and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, age, gender, sexual orientation, or any other factors protected by federal, state or local law. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Delaney Butler ([email protected]).