The Donor Relations Manager works to advance the mission of the development department to inform, engage and build investment in all internal and external constituencies. Manages all donor relations, stewardship programs, acknowledgements, and department communications with Girls Inc. donors, including Champions for Girls members, and other related individuals, companies, and foundations.
· With Director of Major Gifts and Corporate Partnerships, set priorities for overall donor relations program and collaborate on annual program plan and goals.
· Create externally relevant and donor-driven communications to educate, engage, inspire and thank top donors for their generosity
· Develop, manage, and implement an individual, corporate, and foundation donor recognition plan including the timely acknowledgement and follow-up for all donors and prospects.
· Manage the production of acknowledgment letters to all donors of $1,000 or more.
· Create stewardship reports to educate, engage, inspire and thank top donors for their generosity.
· With the Events team, create unique stewardship strategies for event donors, honorees, and special guests to grow the major gifts pipeline.
· Liaise with marketing team to ensure that donor strategies are integrated into appropriate communications and marketing channels and tools (i.e., website, newsletters, annual reports, etc.), including developing and implementing a social and electronic stewardship strategy
· Manage the planning and execution of all mail and email appeal campaigns in collaboration with other team members.
· Conduct research and analysis for donor prospects.
· Coordinate personalized opportunities for donors to meet with organization leadership, Girls Inc. girls and sites.
· Ensure all appropriate donor information is updated in the database
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Exceptional written communication skills required.
· 3 to 5 years of experience in development work, preferably in Stewardship or Donor Relations.
· Experience with Salesforce or other donor management software is required.
· Discretion with confidential materials required.
· Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented team environment required.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as creativity and resourcefulness.
· Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects under demanding deadlines are essential.
· Must be able to appreciate, embrace and advance diversity and have experience working with multicultural populations
Competitive salary and benefits
Interested applicants should send a resume with a cover letter including salary expectations to the [email protected] below later than November 23, 2019. Please include Manager, Donor Relations in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
GIRLS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.