The Manager supports the Chief Board Relations Officer and Director in meeting planning and logistics, board management and trustee communications. The Manager serves a key role in a team that is the primary liaison between the Board of Trustees and the organization.
The Manager will work with the Director to plan and execute quarterly board meetings, retreats, and other board-related events, and will manage associated communications and materials. The Manager also supports the Director in creating and implementing systems and processes to increase efficiency in the board relations team and to enhance the Board of Trustee’s access to information. In addition, the Manager supports the Chief Board Relations Officer in managing various board committees, including preparing workplans and communicating directly with trustees on committee work. The Manager will also be responsible for drafting and managing internal and external communications such as reports, decks, and other presentations, as needed. The Manager supervises assistants in trustee and board meeting-related tasks and provides guidance on scheduling, trustee communications, and meeting logistics.
The Manager is supervised by the Director of Board Relations.
- Under the Director’s leadership, ensures smooth and successful quarterly board meetings and retreats.
- Assists the Chief Board Relations Officer in supporting board committees and by coordinating/preparing agendas and other key information for internal meetings with leadership teams and the Board
- Provides key support to department leadership in meeting planning, in drafting materials, and trustee management
- Serves as a resource within the organization for board-related matters
- Acts as gatekeeper to ensure that the Chief Board Relations Officer involvement in projects or processes occurs at key times
- Supports the Chief Board Relations Officer in maintaining strong relationships with trustees and arranges meetings and communications to support ongoing relationship building
- Oversees cross-functional projects or initiatives; brings together important stakeholders and help drive decisions; may collect data from across the organization to create concise schedules and dashboards
- Proposes the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations of the Board Relations team
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working in events planning, nonprofit administration and/or fundraising at mission-driven nonprofit or philanthropic organizations.
- Excellent event planning experience; strong written and in person communication skills; ability to synthesize complex information and communicate to a diverse set of stakeholders; strategic thinking; excels at managing complex relationships; and has the ability to prioritize while balancing a high volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment.