The Manager supports the Chief Board Relations Officer and Director in meeting planning and logistics, board management and trustee communications. The Manager serves a key role in a team that is the primary liaison between the Board of Trustees and the organization.
The Manager will work with the Director to plan and execute quarterly board meetings, retreats, and other board related events, and will manage associated communications and materials. The Manager also supports the Director in creating and implementing systems and processes to increase efficiency in the board relations team and to enhance the Board of Trustee’s access to information.
In addition, the Manager supports the Chief Board Relations Officer in managing various board committees, including by drafting materials, and preparing internal communications. These responsibilities include preparing workplans and communicating directly with trustees on committee work.
The Manager supervises assistants in trustee and board meeting-related tasks and provides guidance on scheduling, trustee communications, and meeting logistics.
The Manager is supervised by the Director of Board Relations.
- Under the Director’s leadership, ensure smooth and successful quarterly board meetings and retreats.
- Assist the Chief Board Relations Officer in supporting board committees and by preparing information for internal meetings.
- Provide key support to department leadership in meeting planning, in drafting materials, and trustee management.
- Serve as a resource within the organization for board-related matters.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working in events planning, nonprofit administration and/or fundraising at mission-driven nonprofit or philanthropic organizations.
- Excellent event planning experience; strong written and in person communication skills; ability to synthesize complex information and communicate to a diverse set of stakeholders; strategic thinking; manage complex relationships; and ability to prioritize while balancing a high volume of tasks in a fast pace environment.