The Senior Managing Director, Program Solutions is responsible for shaping and evolving the vision for technology solutions that meet the needs of our Program & External Affairs functions. In this role, you will serve as the IT Partner for these TFA business functions, overseeing the technology intersections between multiple functional teams maintaining cross-functional synergy among the different teams’ needs and the corresponding technical solutions. You will invest significant time in the continuing effort to mature the processes for solution design, governance, improving end-user experience, and building functional team relationships that are necessary for enabling a track record of sustainable success over the long term.
You will lead a sub-team composed of Senior Business Analysts who create and maintain solution roadmaps for their respective solutions domains. These managers may in-turn oversee a small team of Business Analysts responsible for shaping technology needs in alignment with their roadmaps. You will coach and develop this team’s people managers and individual contributors to ensure their continued professional growth.
This position reports to the VP of IT Strategy, Planning & Solutions.
- Create and maintain the broader vision for how various solution domains synergies collectively accelerate the work of our program and our constituents
- Liaise with Executives to ensure that our IT solutions are line with the stated vision and long-term objectives across multiple partner teams while ensuring that clear roadmaps exist for each solution domain
- Implement best practices, structures and processes for operations and knowledge sharing across the Solutions team
- Operate as technology partner
- Develop and maintain authentic and effective relationships across the organization
- Coordinate and build partnerships external to TFA as necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with Senior leaders within IT
- Identify opportunities to solve business problems using existing technologies, new solutions or hybrid approaches, and ensure that the business requirements defined in the analysis phase of the software development life cycle are satisfied by the proposed modifications or enhancements
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive level communications and briefings
- Serve as an escalation point for the functional counterpart within partner teams to address concerns
- Actively participate as a member of the IT Leadership Team, assisting with the development and growth of the team as a valuable strategic asset to the larger organization
- Lead team-building and career mentoring for all direct and indirect reports, ensuring thorough and timely performance reviews
- Drive staff engagement, retention and make the sub-team a great place to work
- Operates effectively and with a sense of possibility in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Expert knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and have exceptional writing and communicating skills
- An internal consultant mindset, with proven experience and mastery of this approach is essential
- Ability to bridge communication amongst technical and non-technical project staff and stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams and tasks concurrently
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of leadership with proven expertise in managing meetings, presentations, and design sessions. Includes coordination of regular project and ad-hoc meetings and working sessions
- Risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Proficient at vendor management
- Excellent organizational skills and experience working under pressure and deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have exceptional writing skills
- Willingness to learn new skills as needs evolve
- At least 10+ years of business analysis experience is required
- Experience with system integration and programmatic technology solutions in the education space strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in mapping and creating productive business processes and automating them appropriately
- record of creating and managing detailed organizational systems, and coordinating projects across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience with packaged solutions, web development, and both traditional and Agile development methodologies preferred
- Demonstrated success in reviewing and evaluating software solutions
- Experience effectively managing a team of Business Analysts.
- Experience in managing other managers is a plus.
- Excellent team building and mentoring skills
- This position is located on site in our New York National office with some remote flexibility (up to 2 days per week)