NRDC is seeking a creative, detail-oriented, motivated individual to intern in our Human Resources Department. This is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience in the HR field while working with an active, upbeat not-for-profit organization.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Human Resources can play in a non-for-profit setting, and be better prepared to work in the arena of human resources. This is a paid internship.
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Human Resources team with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, HR data analysis, recruiting, onboarding-orientation, employee benefits, and intern programs.
- Must have an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources, or not-for-profit management/administrative fields.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA, strong writing, research skills as well as the confidence and maturity to assume serious responsibility
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to create HR marketing material