We seek an exceptional Curriculum Designer to translate our current curriculum, which was initially developed for use in our out-of-school learning lab/fellowship program, into a curriculum that can be easily implemented by high schools across the country. The ideal candidate has a sincere passion for curriculum development as well as a deep understanding of how to create curricula that is resonant with high school teachers in a wide range of teaching contexts. The location of this individual is flexible, with preference given to those located in New York City or Seattle.
We intend to begin delivering the curriculum in schools beginning in June 2020. We are open to working with someone full time or part time to help meet that goal. Given the scope of work, anyone working part-time will need to allocate a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week to this effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine the best approach to translate nXu’s out-of-school curriculum, which is based on 4-hour sessions, into an in-school curriculum to be used in a range of high schools.
- Identify and develop the optimal lesson plan format that will ensure smoothest implementation with a wide range of schools.
- Develop an in-school curriculum based on the out-of-school curriculum.
- Revise out-of-school curriculum.
- Develop teacher and school leader training programming.
- Tailor curriculum to the needs of certain partners with whom we develop deep partnerships.
- Ideally, pilot the delivery of in-school curriculum to students
- Serve as hub for feedback from nXu facilitators.
- Serve as curricular liaison with partners.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Candidates for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Previous high school curriculum development experience, especially social-emotional curricula or other non-traditional curricula, that has been implemented by a wide range of teachers in multiple school contexts.
- Passion for curriculum development.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Experience seeking and integrating feedback from multiple constituents.
- Comfort working with a remote team, often independently.
- Concrete evidence of keen interest in, and exploration of, his or her self-development.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping other people--especially teenagers--explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.