As the Coordinator, Corps Operations, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that all operations related to our incoming and current corps members run efficiently and in alignment with team priorities. The primary responsibilities of this role involve corps member support, communications, budget management, and AmeriCorps compliance. Teach For America is an AmeriCorps program and you will oversee the New York region’s grants awarded to corps members on a yearly basis, ensuring compliance both regionally and nationally. As the Coordinator, you will also own budget management -- from forecasting to ongoing monitoring to strategy for team compliance. You will also support in execution of corps culture initiatives, which includes confirming corps members and corps events. In addition, you will own strategy and project management of school visits to corps member classrooms, which allows our supporters to learn more about our program and see our teachers in action. The ideal candidate is highly organized, team-oriented, has strong initiative, is passionate about developing their skills and practice, has excellent customer service skills, and is a culture builder. The Coordinator will report to the Director, Corps Operations.
AmeriCorps Management (30%)
- Manage AmeriCorps participation for incoming and current corps members and processes for compliance, including document collection and tracking, maintaining accurate data in internal and external databases, supporting internal retention processes, etc.
- Oversee project management of pivotal compliance timelines – enrollment, mid-year evaluation, and exits.
- Liaise with national AmeriCorps team to ensure regional compliance with any AmeriCorps requirements.
Corps Member Support and Communication (30%)
- Support execution of confirmation strategy developed by Director, Corps Operations – including, but not limited to, managing staff execution and follow up, organizing corps member and alumni volunteer callers, updating internal staff hub, and supporting staff incentives.
- Manage corps member and alumni volunteers for various Program Operations initiatives, including confirmation, mock interviews, classroom visits, etc.
- Develop and execute strategies and solutions to target and improve corps culture – including, but not limited to, organizing monthly corps member digests, supporting Facebook and Slack groups and serving on Corps Community Building Working Group.
- Support management of general inbox and respond to incoming corps member inquiries.
- Support management of content on internal and corps member facing Google Sites.
- Support Manager, Corps Operations in tracking and communicating to current corps members around “good standing.”
- Manage part-time Sunday Resource Room managers – overseeing onboarding, developing shift schedules, and maintaining Resource Room schedule.
Budget & Data Management (20%)
- Manage Corps Operations budget and expenditures – including, but not limited to, budget planning, forecasting and monitoring of expenses, processing expense reports and processing corps member reimbursements.
- Partner with Director, Finance Compliance and Operations on Corps Operations team budget planning and forecasting.
- Create and manage strong systems for information collection and fiscal compliance measures.
Event Planning & Logistics (10%)
- Execute strategy and project management for school visits – liaising with Development Team and Programs Team in coordinating logistics.
All Staff Expectations (10%)
- Programs, New York Regional, and National Participation:
- Contribute to ongoing Programs Team meetings (i.e. sub-team, full team, etc.)
- Participate in all-staff (region and organization-wide) activities and events such as selection, confirmation, strategic planning, and summits.
- Excel and Outlook skills highly preferred
- Willingness to work some weekends and evenings
- Must have exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities at the same time, including creating strong project plans and executing against them effectively
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to translate feedback and other data points into actionable solutions and plans
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to manage a high volume of e-mails and phone calls
- Ability to influence and motivate others