Critical leader in Sales Operations responsible for all sales forecasting, planning and measurement against key sales performance metrics. This proactive team player provides Sales Management with essential sales planning tools, including goal setting and compensation plan management. Oversees advertising management systems (currently Newscycle: Elan, BI/MicroStrategy, Salesforce) for AARP Media Sales. Collaborates with various internal teams to develop system enhancements. Manages billing system which requires multiple financial system integrations, documentation and related training. Additionally, this position is critical to driving technology enhancements for the division in collaboration with IT.
- This position has a critical role in supporting revenue management through business intelligence and data analytics. Responsible for the content and visual presentation of all reporting, ensuring a professional and consistent look and feel to the reporting suite.
- Acts as the central resource for key operational and financial Metrics, along with ad hoc reporting/analytics, business intelligence, data mining and predictive modeling capabilities.
- Utilizes critical thinking and sales strategy as basis for reviewing various data sources and creating clear outputs to support decision-making.
- Utilizes various reporting and analytic techniques (Excel pivot tables, macros, etc.) to combine data from various systems and produce insightful revenue reports. Identifies and communicates BI functionality requirements to IT team. Tests new reports, systems fields and enhancements; reports discrepancies for resolution.
- Documents all sources, processes and purposes for YTD Revenue Reporting. Continually adjusts files based on business needs, building in automation wherever possible. Seeks input from stakeholders to ensure deliverables consistently meet business needs.
- Continually evaluates internal systems, finds efficiencies by automating processes, and leads projects to implement those efficiencies (e.g. deployment and training for CRM). Works cross-functionally to drive alignment with organizational requirements. Creates and implement execution plan in collaboration with IT and stakeholders.
- Responsible for working with IT project management in defining, analyzing and documenting user requirements, procedures and risks; leads joint design efforts to offer a new solution, automate processing or to improve existing business processes and associated information systems.
- Acts as a department subject matter expert with regards to all system integration points, data integrity, naming convention and other data standards. Leads and is highly engaged in interdepartmental meetings.
- Responsible for defining the appropriate methodologies and best practices pertaining to Media Sales advertising systems (ensures that tracking methodologies meet internal audit and finance standards; also meets criteria from industry best practices). Ensures proper auditing controls are in place, identifying gaps and remediating on an as needed basis.
- Strives to keep knowledge and expertise current with new releases, technology advances in the industry and analyzes potential opportunities and risks in adopting upcoming versions of software.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Backs up Billing Manager - monitors billing processes for accuracy which includes; checking to make sure the advertiser and agency names and addresses, PIB codes and products have been entered as per the information we have on file from the client.
- Routinely evaluates billing procedures and policies and collaborates with Billing Manager to ensure they are kept up to date and then notify everyone in the department, management and consultants that they have been updated. Examples may include guidelines for what institutes make goods, inter, intra, pseudo, and bonus ads, definition for new and lost business, etc).
- Build annual rate card and incorporate updates as needed. Models various rate scenarios for management approval, builds rate models for publications and other products as needed. Ensures that our over three thousand rate cards are entered according to our rate book and our special section rate sheets.
- Expertise in all MS office products including Word, Excel (advanced: pivot tables, complex formulas, macros, graphs, etc), PowerPoint, plus Business Intelligence Tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, and Informer.
- Must have expertise in financial modeling, revenue reporting and business analysis.
- Media/publishing industry knowledge and billing/CRM system experience required.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of finance and accounting required.
- Self-starter with excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. Excellent team player with success in a matrix management environment; strong client-facing communication skills including creation of presentations and leadership in meetings.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment. Liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams. Highly engaged in leading successful outcome and developing long term efficiencies.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in the areas of business intelligence, finance or business operations, preferably in media/publishing
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.