The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking an Associate to provide administrative assistance to the Development Operations team in the New York office. This position is primarily focused on gift processing administration, donor services, and online platform support. This position reports to the Associate Director of Development Operations located in New York.
Gift Processing and Data Services Administration
- Organizing donation related mail and preparing gifts for external vendor to process and acknowledge;
- Assisting with gift entry in the Raiser’s Edge Database, as required;
- Completing the matching gift process in Raiser’s Edge;
- Helping to maintain the Raiser’s Edge database with regard to constituent merges, address changes, list removal, etc.;
- Assisting in responding to Data Services requests;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining Raiser’s Edge Database user accounts;
- Maintaining stock tracking; and
- First line response and team assignments of the DevOps ticketing request system.
- Corresponding with donors to take donations, process refunds, update their contact details, supply replacement acknowledgment letters, and fulfill other membership requests and cultivation needs;
- Monitoring and handling failed payments and payments at risk of failing;
- Updating and maintaining a direct marketing suppression list;
- Providing duplicate acknowledgements and tribute notifications as requested;
- Assisting with activities related to the HRW’s Call Center, including implementing script changes, handling urgent escalation process of donor requests, and summarizing and sharing data report;
- Providing metrics of donor services data and trends when applicable; and
- Liaising with Marketing team to assist with the coordination of all activities of caging company as it relates to Direct Marketing, including but not limited to: acknowledgement procedures, inventory fulfilment, data capture, and implementation of new marketing initiatives.
Online Platform Support
- Importing records between the offline (Raiser’s Edge) and online (Engaging Networks) databases;
- Pulling online gifts from Engaging Networks, formatting the data, and sending to the caging service or to staff;
- Helping to maintain the health and integrity of Engaging Networks and processing updates or refund requests;
- Fielding questions from staff related to email preferences and online donations;
- Create and modify Engaging Network event registration and donation pages including modifying content, images, and links; and
- Performing other duties as may be required.
- A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to details are required.
- Proficiency in computer packages including MS Office applications is required.
- Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
- Self-motivation and the ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team with staff in locations globally are required.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Engaging Networks, Salesforce, or another donor database, as well as knowledge of web management and html, are highly desirable.
- Prior office/administration experience is highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range starts at $47,436. Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, an outstanding retirement savings plan and twenty (20) days of vacation per year.