The Assistant Corporate Counsel – Contracts oversees the NRDC/NRDC Action Fund contracting function within the Corporate Counsel department.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Draft, review and negotiate institutional contracts for all programs and departments. Drafting includes the preparation of custom agreements based on staff input on business terms.
- Advise programs/departments on the interpretation of, and compliance with, contractual arrangements.
- Advise programs/departments on ancillary issues such as independent contractor classification, treatment of interns and volunteers, etc.
- Assist programs/departments with dispute resolution issues.
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust the institutional contracts review policy and related procedures.
- Develop contract templates and manage their utilization.
- Manage outside counsel providing contract review/negotiation services.
- Develop and implement contract training for staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Corporate Counsel or the Deputy Corporate Counsel.
- 4-6 years of law practice; law firm or in-house not-for-profit experience strongly preferred. Familiarity with employment law issues is a plus.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, research, and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical ability, sound judgment, strategic orientation, and interpersonal maturity.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with a workforce distributed across multiple offices, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters.
- Flexibility and ability to work well independently on multiple projects with a wide variety of people, at all levels of the organization and across offices/remote work locations.
Feb 10 2019
Mar 10 2019
Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc.