Oversees the fulfillment of al pre- and post-sales activity. Serves as the liaison between sales, editorial, and production, providing insight in regards to sales forecasting, positioning, magazine layout, and order management. Works closely with sales operations, marketing, and sales development on prospecting across multiple categories, involvement with system implementation and enhancements, and high-impact rates and portfolio management, as well as other projects that arise.
- Plays a key role in sales development and prospecting. Participates in strategy sessions with sales and marketing management. Generates and analyzes data trends within the industry across hundreds of Magazine Publishers of America (MPA) titles. Leads discussions on key findings by providing a storytelling experience in efforts to leverage the data for key prospecting and future business.
- Generates and manages fulfillment of strategic advertiser positioning proposals for all print advertisers running in AARP publication efforts to entice new and incremental business and aid in the facilitation of closing the sale. Works closely with over fifteen sales representatives, as well as sales management and negotiates with advertisers, editorial, and production to meet desired end goals.
- Develops a dynamic team relationship for all print publication layouts aiding in the multidepartment collaboration for successful book makeup that meets advertiser requirements, member engagement, and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Works to maximize profitability in each issue by seeking out incremental revenue opportunities, such as premium inventory, editorial adjacencies, and remnant availability to increase profitability and drive overall sales.
- Oversees the editorial review of all content to eliminate the risk for lost revenue as it pertains to advertiser conflict.
- Manages print and digital pipeline revenue forecasting through continuous communication sales and manages the data integrity with Salesforce and Elan. Oversees order management and data integrity in systems of record.
- Plays an active role in the development and execution of intricate system implementations, development of sales tools, and reporting interfaces and dashboards.
- Interfaces with sales management, providing revenue insights and revenue-generating ideas.
- Manages and contributes to high-impact unit portfolio and works with manufacturing to update rates, as needed. Keeps up with industry trends, attends events, and adds insight to keep competitive in the marketplace.
- 8+ years of experience working in the media/publishing industry, with a concentration in advertising services/sales operations preferred. Previous experience with sales prospecting preferred. Knowledge of Salesforce, Elan, or comparable order management system and CRM systems.
- Expertise in sales operations, specifically sales forecasting, positioning, and magazine layout.
- Strong negotiation and project management skills.
- Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Results-focused and excellent attention to detail, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Experience with magazine book makeup, advertiser positioning, and order management.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.