We are looking for an experienced self-starter who can lead and manage the executive operations and administration for one of Teach For America’s largest teams. This role is instrumental to the execution of operations and stability of the IT team through the managing of its business operations, conducting analysis, and providing administrative partnerships and support for the senior IT Leadership (SrITL). This role provides an ideal opportunity to learn about Teach For America and contribute to its important mission, as well as a significant opportunity for someone to build expertise in administrative and business operations, compliance, communications, and project management.
The Administrative Operations, IT Team* plays an integral role in the CIO’s and IT VPs’ overall operation and success by providing critical and (own the execution of administrative strategy) administrative support to ensure that the full Senior IT Leadership Team can work purposefully and efficiently. The CIO and his VPs will depend on you to maximize their efforts and ensure priorities are appropriately reflected in their use of time each day, week, and month. You represent our CIO, the IT Talent & Operations team, and the organization with thoughtfulness, integrity, and professionalism to all constituents, both internal and external. You possess outstanding composure and the ability to communicate on behalf of the team verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences. You demonstrate strong attention to detail, a highly developed ability to anticipate and solve problems, strong organizational systems, a strong collaborative work ethic, and a customer service mindset.
The candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who exhibits the ability to manage several operational and administrative workstreams independently while using strong customer service ethics and business focus. The goal of this role is to make the IT office space a positive, efficient, compliant and organized place to work and enable the Senior IT Leaders to maximize their time and talents in the leading and managing of this unit effectively. This position reports to the Managing Director, Chief of Staff to the Chief Information Officer.
*Internally, this role is called Senior Associate, IT Operations and Administration.
- ( 45% ) CIO & IT VP Executive Support
- Provide calendar management support and partnership with senior IT leaders
- Provide expense management support and advisory services to senior IT leaders and other IT leaders
- Coordinate travel on behalf of SVP/CIO & other IT VPs
- Assist in planning team and sub-team events, retreats, etc.
- Conduct regular meetings with executive support stakeholders to best maximize time and output efforts
- ( 55% ) Operations, Administration & Strategy
- ( 25% ) Administration and Operations
- Partner with relevant TFA’s national teams to create processes that ensure IT aligns with org operational norms and while providing IT team needs
- Develop in consultation with MD, Chief of Staff and SVP, Chief Information Officer a set of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure optimal operational performance of the unit
- Ensure accurate account and use of desk space utilization, equipment, supplies, and other operational needs that impact operational costs
- Plans logistics and execution of team events, conferences, step-backs, etc. in support of the Senior IT Leadership
- Serve as a collaborative partner and support backup on executing logistics for IT Talent & Operations related events (People, Culture, Learning & Development).
- Provides ad-hoc administrative, logistical or project support for members of the senior leadership team
- Works with Chief of Staff to measure and track progress to goals along with key team-wide and sub-team performance metrics
- ( 15 % ) Communications / Knowledge Management
- Manage the IT central calendar of meetings, events, internal and external deadlines
- Ensure new policies are communicated to the IT team
- Coordinate, design, and distribute team communication materials (emails, PowerPoints, etc.).
- Curate and maintain internal knowledge management resources, such as cloud-based folder systems (Box) and team web pages (TFAhub, Confluence)
- Analyze and provide insights/solutions for communications strategy (i.e., monitoring engagement with Slack, etc.)
- Help drive critical response/completion rates via periodic outreach to IT staff
- Recommend improvements to optimize communications processes
- Design the reporting and communication strategy for change management in partnership with SVP/CoS as needed
- ( 15 % ) Compliance
- Own the monitoring and reporting of IT-related financial compliance work
- Partner to create and execute a strategy to achieve IT-wide compliance goals
- Execute quarterly/monthly compliance audits that meet organizational compliance standards
- Implement training to address any compliance needs to strengthen and maintain IT compliance to org policies
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies and takes fiscal responsibility for team resources
- ( 25% ) Administration and Operations
- 3-5 years of professional work experience, ideally in an administrative or operational function with a senior executive
- Able to travel 1-2 times a year
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel; in particular, familiarity with MS Outlook preferred;
- Ability to think critically and strategically and exhibit strong judgment while operating with a high level of organization, attention to detail and energy;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to drive measurable results in work;
- Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once with a spirit of flexibility, sense of possibility, and a strong customer service ethic;
- Ability to lift and carry items that range from 30-50lbs;
- Effective and professional communication skills, especially in written correspondence
- Possesses or ability to possess a working knowledge of Workday (HR and Finance) a plus;
- Possesses or ability to possess a working knowledge of MS Business Intelligence (compliance dashboards) a plus;
- Possesses or ability to possess a working knowledge of Box (online file storage) a plus;,
- Possesses or ability to possess a working knowledge of Egencia (travel) systems a plus;
You love details. You notice things that other people do not. You approach each task you lead with an eagle-eye toward details and anticipate every step and possible misstep in the process. It makes you incredibly happy when things fit together just right, and projects and plans have been laid-out down to the last detail.
You make things happen. You do not get overwhelmed easily and take personal responsibility for the success of your work, whether it requires managing back-end processes, engaging with a team, or setting up others to execute effectively. You take pride in your integrity and follow-through on tasks. People would describe you as dependable and driven; they know when they ask you to do something, it is as good as done.
You are a logistics guru. You have superior logistics management skills. People might call you “a planner.” You think ahead about what will be needed and strategize or make adjustments accordingly. Whether it be housing, dining, transportation or an unknown variable, you have lined up the necessary supports and resources well in advance, and everyone involved in something you’re planning knows where to be, by when, and what the back-up plan is, just in case.
You are flexible. You know a little bit about many things, and if you don’t know, you’re quick to learn. You are willing to help out wherever needed and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You are resourceful, results-oriented team player with a positive “can-do” attitude. You are skilled at managing complexity and adjust course easily and quickly when things fall off-track.
You are a people person. You forge strong, trusting relationships with diverse groups of people. You’re empathetic and intuitive; you often know what people need or want before they do. You are fueled by collaborating and working to make others more efficient and effective. People like you, and you like them.