As the Associate of Finance on Teach For America’s national finance team, you are responsible for providing best-in-class administrative and project coordination support as well as supporting important team culture initiatives.
You are resourceful, highly motivated by supporting others, have a meticulous attention to detail and outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
This role involves managing calendars and scheduling for Finance leaders, coordinating travel, completing expense reports, planning and executing the logistics of team retreats, supporting team culture initiatives and driving special projects for the finance team, as needed. This role reports to the Senior Managing Director, Strategy, Talent and Operations.
60% - Project Support & Administrative Operations
- Provide administrative support for Finance team leaders (who are geographically dispersed), including scheduling meetings, strategically maintaining calendars, booking travel arrangements, completing expense reports, processing team invoices and other clerical tasks as needed.
- Maintain Finance team information, such as a team org chart, team e-mail distribution lists, mailing addresses for all team members, etc.
- Develop and execute logistics for finance leadership and management team meetings, team town halls and events, and sub-team retreats and meetings.
- Provide on-site administrative and logistical support for team members in the NYC office.
40% - Team Culture Initiatives & Event Operations
- Collaborate with members of the Strategy, Talent and Operations team to build a strong team culture for a geographically dispersed team.
- Work with Finance team managers to develop Onboarding experiences for new team members.
- Execute on team communications – including a newsletter, internal team calls and meetings, and email aliases.
- Develop and execute small-scale meetings, celebrations and culture events for the Finance team.
- Drive research and support other special projects aligned with team and org-wide priorities at the direction of the Finance Leadership Team.
- 2 years of work experience required; work experience in a Finance department is a plus.
- Teach For America alumni or individuals with previous administrative or project coordination experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once with a spirit of flexibility, a generosity of spirit and a strong customer service ethic.
- Strong ability to manage up to supervisors who are remote and work in different time zones.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional judgment and ability to think critically.
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across levels.
- High motivation in helping others and working in a dynamic, ambitious environment.
- Optimism and a great sense of humor is a plus.
- Some weekend or evening work may be required.
- Light travel (1-2x quarter) may also be required.