Autism speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the lifespan, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of autism spectrum disorder; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Come join us as a Chief Operating Officer in New York City.
Reporting to the CEO and President, and as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the COO provides leadership across all support functions of the organization with an aim for workplace excellence and an outstanding level of integrity and compliance. Specifically, the COO provides strategy and high-level management of all financial activities, information technology, human resources, data base administration, donations processing, facility management, legal, risk and compliance. The COO provides seamless operational support to the organization to ensure ongoing growth and sustainability, as well as further its mission and expand impact. The COO is responsible for the fiscal functions and financial matters of the organization, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations that are appropriate for nonprofit. As a member of the senior leadership team, the COO plays a key role in leading and supporting the organization’s strategic plan, development and fiscal compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Functions: Provide oversight of Finance, Human Resources and Legal teams and the implementation of new strategic themes for all related work. Functional heads maintain direct access to CEO as appropriate.
- Technology & Data: Oversee implementation of next generation data and technology architecture to support the acceleration of AS and its mission.
- Operating Systems: Implement annual operating system and associated processes, including strategic planning implementation, status reporting, budgeting, talent and performance management.
- Advisory Support: Provide support and advice to CEO and direct reports on areas of concern, opportunities for improvement or projects requiring execution.
(The responsibilities listed above are representative and not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor/s. As outlined in your performance goal setting forms, you will be responsible for achieving the goals provided by and agreed upon with your manager.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration related field
- 15 years of relevant experience working with a budget of $100+ million; along with a
strong value for data-driven decision making
- Generating and executing thoughtful practical solutions and a collaborative leader with a commitment for continuous improvement
- Demonstrating success in a COO or relevant role
- Working in a field based, non-profit corporate structure
- Managing teams in excess of 30 direct reports is preferred
Specialized Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrated understanding of IT/business infrastructure, Finance, fundraising operations, legal risk, compliance, facilities management, human resources and state, federal and local employment laws
- Strong people manager capabilities that inspire followership
- Strategic thinking - stepping back from the day-to-day to see the bigger picture
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad audience
- Outstanding level of integrity and trust
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent business acumen and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Customer Orientation
- Professional Behavior
- Results Driven
You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Autism Speaks data and information to which you have access.
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to enhance lives today and accelerate a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow for individuals with autism and their families.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to: https://autismspeaks.applytojob.com/apply/GwsV1OIYax/Chief-Operating-Off...
Only those applicants who meet the hiring criteria will be considered and contacted by Human Resources. Autism Speaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for job openings. Reasonable accommodations will be provided.