Artolution seeks an ambitious and creative Digital Content Manager to join our growing team in New York City. Reporting to the Operations Director, the person in this role will be a pivotal member of a small team based in New York, and will be responsible for the development, creation and execution of content across Artolution’s social media channels. This is a new role and the appointee will be expected to bring extensive experience to bear on the task of establishing and growing Artolution’s brand voice across all web, social media, online and hard copy literature. Key to this will be the ability to translate complex ideas and data into compelling copy, writing clearly and well in an authentic voice that reflects Artolution’s mission.
To be considered for this position, you must have an established background in the development and management of long-term content strategies. This includes:
- Maintaining editorial calendars for Artolution content initiatives across channels, including website and social platforms, scheduling content creation, dissemination, and reporting; maintaining a regular cadence posting schedule on all social media platforms.
- Executing digital campaigns. Generating regular email newsletters and blog posts to support marketing campaign strategies.
- Developing new content for Artolution’s website, devising SEO optimization and keyword strategies.
- Monitoring, researching, and using analytic tools to track and report on engagement, response, and general effectiveness of all initiatives.
- Creating ongoing content and engagement ideas, strategic placement of Facebook and other digital ads, developing digital partnerships, and developing a budget for social media boosting campaigns that will deliver the greatest ROI.
- Implementing aspects of digital campaigns on Email, Pay-Per-Click, YouTube and Social Media, building audience targeting strategies and monitoring performance across all relevant channels.
- Troubleshooting of any technical issues across all platforms.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/PR, Communication, English/Journalism or similar discipline.
- 2+ years managing content, designing and implementing successful digital outreach marketing for nonprofit organizations, highly preferable.
- Proficiency in Google Suite applications, MS Office.
- Command of Squarespace, knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Comfort with graphic design/video editing/web development software (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc).
- Basic video editing skills for short videos to be utilized throughout campaign initiatives
- Knowledge of Search engine optimization, ie page-ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
The personal characteristics that we seek include:
- The ability to work flexibly and collaboratively within a small team.
- The ability to write well, clearly and in a variety of styles appropriate to different audiences and platforms in order to create unique and compelling content.
- An understanding of and empathy with Artolution’s mission and purpose, and an authentic, personal appreciation of the importance and impact of our work
- The ability and confidence to speak and make presentations about Artolution’s work
$45,000 - $51,000 / year based on experience
Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2019 and early submissions are encouraged. Please send application materials (resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements) to [email protected].
Equal Employment Opportunity
Artolution is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are proud of our professional and congenial work environment and are committed to providing a professional work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment in accordance with applicable laws.
Artolution is a community-based public art organization that seeks to ignite positive social change through collaborative art making. We facilitate projects around the world that connect diverse peoples in order to address common social objectives. Our projects bring together children, families, local artists, educators and community groups. Our main objective is to address critical issues related to armed conflict, trauma and social marginalization by cultivating sustainable global initiatives that promote reconciliation, healing and resilience.