CityLax, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to growing the game of lacrosse in New York City in a public-private partnership with the Public School (PSAL) system and in partnerships and alliances with community-based organizations.
We are currently focused on introducing and expanding lacrosse into New York City schools and geographies that historically have had little or no access to the game and that are predominantly comprised of populations from lower income families.
Through a character-based mentoring and coaching program, CityLax uses lacrosse as a teaching mechanism for helping student-athletes see the value of taking charge of their education, living a healthier lifestyle, and developing life skills for successful college and career advancement.
This position reports to the CEO.
- Manage logistics for charity fundraising
- Manage NYC operations
- Develop social media content calendar
- Update social media channels regularly with key stories
- Update blog with current events
- Help coordinate weekly pick-up lacrosse summer program
- Strong organizational ability
- Resourceful with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Versatile self-starter who excels in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent writing ability with respect to drafting press releases and putting together communications materials
- Understanding of sports and marketing landscapes
- Some Public Relations and/or Social Media experience preferred, particularly in “Community Manager” type role
- Strong skills related to Microsoft Office Suite products including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point, as well as ability to work with Google Apps for Work. Photo and video editing skills a plus.
Experience with social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
45-55 K per year
How to apply: Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with "Operations & Marketing" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.