The National Performance Network, a national, non-profit arts organization based in New Orleans, seeks a full-time Communications Manager that oversees storytelling, communications and promotion for the organization. The position requires excellent oral, written, and computer skills; strong attention to detail and project management; and the ability to coordinate work across multiple departments.
The Communications Manager works collaboratively with NPN’s staff to drive the creation,
management, and implementation of the organization’s communication and storytelling activities.
The ideal candidate will enjoy crafting communications strategies that message and integrate our
many programs, execute communications activities across departments, and supervise a holistic
and evolving approach to telling the stories of our organization’s and constituents’ impact. The
Communications Manager duties include:
• Collaborate with staff to develop relevant and engaging content rooted in the voices and
experiences of constituents and the communities they serve
• Participate in the selection and supervision of constituent storytellers
• Commission, edit, and publish original editorial content including blog posts, interviews, social
media, video, podcasts, and other media
• Manage and execute communications efforts for the organization, including blog/website
content, monthly e-newsletter, periodic e-blasts, conference promotion, social media
engagement, and other communication platforms
• Update website with announcements and news in a voice consistent with NPN’s mission and
liaison with web developer/designer to ensure up-to-date messaging and content
• Develop and manage communications calendars and timelines
• Manage communications budget
• Participate and assist in various meetings including the annual conference, staff retreats, board
• At least 3+ years of relevant experience
• A deep commitment to social justice and equity
• Experience as a writer and editor, ideally with a focus in art, performance, and/or social justice
• Experience with website content management
• Proficiency in social media platforms
• Ability to work individually and collaboratively and manage ongoing and time-sensitive projects across departments and with different colleagues
• Experience with graphic design is a plus
Full-time, salaried position
• Salary: $50,000/year
• Benefits: 100% of individual health and dental plans, annual FSA (Flexible Spending Account), vacation, personal and sick leave, life insurance, professional development, and travel opportunities
• Application deadline Nov. 7, 2019. The position is available immediately, and we expect to begin the interview process within 2-3 weeks of the application deadline.
• Please include cover letter, resume/CV, three references, and at least two writing samples (may include catchy headlines, short blurbs, long articles, blogs, grant proposals, press releases, inspirational e-blasts, etc.). Email to [email protected] (no phone calls or snail-mail submissions, please).