Job Description – Part-time Executive Director
The Executive Director for Women in Energy reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission of connecting and empowering women working in the energy industry.
- Help plan a long-range strategy which achieves the mission of the association and provide regular updates and reports to the Board.
- Conference and event planning:
- Negotiation of contracts for speakers and meeting space.
- Development of program content and liaison with speakers and sponsors
- Provide leadership in developing programs focusing on personal and professional development for members
- Fundraise and develop other avenues of revenue needed to support the mission of Women in Energy, i.e. sponsors for events and the association.
- Be a member on all committees of the Association and coordinate meetings for committees and Board.
- Seek new benefits for the Association that fit our mission.
- Set-up committee meetings and board meetings on zoom
- Keep the Board fully informed on the condition of the organization and factors that might affect the organization.
- Publicize activities and programs of the Association.
- Maintain and update website.
Professional Skills Required:
- Solid, hands-on budget management skills.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of Women in Energy’s strategic future to its Board and members.
- Skills to collaborate with the Board.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interface and engage a diverse group of members from various states and job functions within the energy industry.
- Experience working in the energy field is a plus.
Experience working in the Energy Industry is preferred. Strong organizational skills and ability to motivate volunteers.
Position is structured for an independent contractor, not employee status. There is a monthly stipend that is negotiable along with potential commission on new sponsorships and corporate memberships. Travel expenses that have been approved, will be reimbursed.
Again, this is an independent contractor position and the applicant can work anywhere.