350.org’s Latin America is looking for an enthusiastic Argentina Mobilizer!
The Argentina Mobilizer will be responsible for mobilising citizens and several stakeholders that struggle to a low carbon development and are interested in empowering the anti-fracking movement, as well as in the enhancement of clean, renewable, fair and sustainable solutions for energy supply and local development. That struggle requires also the mobilisation of people from diverse ages, from youth to elderly people, from students to entrepreneurs, from social movements to public servants and local authorities.
The Argentina Mobilizer will deal with the challenge of promoting dialogue on common goals and shared values, while respecting diversity of perspectives and groups, so as to enhance the critical mass in the society that facilitate the implementation and or the demands of proper policy for phasing out fossil fuel (oil, gas, coal, nuclear) and promotes the transition to renewable energy.
The Mobilizer, in cooperation with other 350.org staff, will also collaborate with capacity building activities of citizens and groups, indigenous people, farmers, urban inhabitants, among others and their engagement with climate change issues, such as clean and renewable energy, anti-fracking, human rights in environmental and land tenure issues. The Mobilizer will work as a member of the Argentina Team, and will have to attend private or public events on behalf of 350.org in Argentina or and any other country of the region.
This role offers a unique window into the inner workings of the organisation and the climate movement. It will be ideal for a highly organised, detail-oriented individual who has a strong interest in progressive social change and the way organisations work. The right candidate will be kind and approachable, and ready to take on challenges. They will be committed to their own well-being and the well-being of others, an excellent communicator, and able to function in a remote team that rarely meets in-person. They will have the ability to exercise discretion, maintain calm under pressure, and have strong prioritisation and time-management instincts.
The role will be performed in Argentina, for professionals who are residents or can move into the country. Have knowledge and experience of the social, economic, energy, cultural and environmental context of Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile and Brazil (Mercosur). Preferably a resident of Neuquen, Rio Negro, Misiones or Mendoza or a professional available to live in any of those locations.
- At least three (3) years of experience with citizens and diverse groups mobilisation in public and or collective campaigns, particularly in the non-profit sector
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise terms (written and verbally)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with virtual meeting technology, Google Drive and other online comms technologies
- A commitment to your own personal growth and development
- Fluent in Spanish
- Confidence in using internet-based software for calendaring/scheduling
- Experience and strong skills for dialogue with people and groups with diverse economic, social, political and cultural backgrounds
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- High-level proficiency in Google Suites and Zoom Video Conferencing preferred
- Has an interest in social & environmental justice issues, and/or experience working in international contexts across a variety of cultures
- Communication skills in English
Compensation: ARS 651,000 (We shall pay an additional currency devaluation allowance)