Join our team to promote membership and actively engage our current members.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership/Marketing/Housing Director at the Naugatuck YMCA promotes and cultivates relationships with members and the community to further the YMCA mission, increase program participation and member involvement in YMCA activities. The Director intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined and also builds the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact through development and implementation of effective marketing and communications strategies. The Director also oversees the Ys housing program.
- Develops annual operating goals, objectives and plan for the marketing and communications area.
- Monitors the achievement of this plan, taking appropriate action to ensure that the goals and objectives are met.
- Develops, produces and distributes program information necessary to promote assigned programs, in accordance with membership and marketing plans.
- Establishes contacts with media representatives and writes and submits press releases when appropriate. Maintains updated files of YMCA’s media relations (both press and electronic).
- Maintains and updates web site via a word-based content management system and other online media/marketing vehicles and social media.
- Produce and/or coordinate the production of the session program guide, internal signage, campaign collateral, posters and promotional materials.
- Coordinates projects with the Y’s contracted design firm, assign and/or produce and distribute informational updates to members, staff donors, community stakeholders and participants i.e. newsletter, video communication board, signage, E newsletters, photos, videos, etc. as needed and according to the organizational marketing plan.
- Develops, monitors and administers assigned annual budget and maintains a positive fiscal position.
- Identifies and builds relationships with internal and/or external partners or key stakeholders, such as service groups, community organizations or companies, to support programs or projects.
- Act as a media contact for staff regarding photo opportunities, special events and programming, coordinating volunteers as needed.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises Membership and Child Watch taff teams. Provides development and leadership for them to be successful.
- Oversees the Y Residents housing units. Including; collecting monthly rent, providing fellowship programing and policy compliance of residents.
- Assist in conducting surveys related to developing new improvements and strategies in specific target areas as well as customer satisfaction and knowledge.
- Provides and maintains related statistics and reports.
- Educates staff, volunteers, and members about the charitable nature of the Y; leads assigned aspects of the fundraising campaign.
- Work with the CEO to collect and provide impact stories and measured results for the Annual Report and other fundraising and impact collateral
- May plan and coordinate special events.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- Experience managing a housing facility preferred.
- Previous professional experience in membership, marketing and/or sales preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Must have strong interpersonal, public relations and communication skills, including the ability to make presentations and handle media inquiries.
Salary: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00