Primary Care Doctor with Leadership Experience Needed
Licensed Independent Practitioner. The Physician's primary job function is to be responsible for provision of comprehensive primary care services. Works independently and interdependently with other clinic providers. Job performance is evaluated through direct observation, consultation and written documents.
This position may qualify for the NHSC Loan Repayment Program. This program offers student loan repayment in exchange for 2 years of serving in a This position qualifies for the S2S Loan Repayment Program through the National Health Service Corp. The Loan Repayment Program provides up to $120,000 to medical (MD and DO) or dental (DDS or DMD) students in their final year of school in return for a commitment to provide primary health care full time for at least 3 years at an approved NHSC site in a Health Professional Shortage Area of greatest need.
• Provide or arrange for comprehensive primary care services in a primary medical care ambulatory clinic setting, including laboratory and diagnostic workup, and specialty referrals.
• Works independently using his or her best professional judgment while practicing medicine within his or her scope of practice, Works interdependently with other health care providers and health care staff in a team environment,
• Perform minor outpatient procedures in accordance with credentialing/privileging policy.
• Provide consultation to other clinic providers either in person or by telephone.
• Consult with and coordinate patient care with clinic physicians, covering community primary care physicians, specialists, pharmacists, nurses, or other health care professionals as appropriate.
• Assess patient needs for specialty referrals, diagnostic and in-patient care and make appropriate referrals for service.
• Responsible for accurate, timely, and complete documentation in patient records in accordance with policy.
• Participate in shared call system with other providers to provide continuous coverage for patients on a 24 hour basis. Call includes phone availability after hours and may require arranging for and coordinating care with emergency room providers and admitting patients to the hospital after hours including weekends and holidays.
• Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit. Verify and document that the patient understands diagnosis, treatment and follow up recommendations.
• Renders care to patients in accordance with quality and standards as are established, the standards of care prevailing in the community, applicable law, and according to state and federal grant requirements for non-discrimination regardless of status, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, age, or ability to pay.
• Provide clinical supervision and appropriate training of ancillary health care staff to assure quality of care for patients in coordination with Director of Nursing and QA/ QI Director.
• Participate in Quality Improvement activities including Chronic Care Collaborative programs, immunization improvement initiatives, pharmacy formulary development and utilization, and any other medical staff committee activities relating to peer review, risk management or development of clinical policies and procedures.
• Participate in audits as required by state and national accreditation entities in order to meet and maintain all necessary standards and requirements,
• Maintenance of credentials essential for practice, to include licensure, certification and CME.
• Attend all required staff meetings, provider meetings, and participate in committees or task force activities as directed by Medical Director or Clinic Director.
• Treat all patients with dignity and respect.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Conform to HIPAA regulations.
• Assist with ensuring the contractual obligations of grants are fulfilled by performing other duties as assigned.
• Must possess current, valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of New Hampshire. Must have current, valid unrestricted DEA registration.
• Ability and willingness to work with a diverse individuals.
• An awareness and appreciation for both the health and socioeconomic needs of a low income, under-served population.
• Ability to work effectively in a community health setting utilizing physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and support staff.
Excellent Benefits Package includes:
3 Choices for Medical Insurance Plans / 2 Dental Plans to choose from
Life/Short-term/Long-term disability & accident Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off
401K Match +++
Or go to Harbor Homes, Inc. and click on "Careers" for a list of all of our openings