The YMCA of Montclair is committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The Chief Development Officer at the YMCA of Montclair reports to the President/CEO, serves on the CEO’s senior leadership team, and provides strategic leadership in Financial Development and Marketing to advance the YMCAs mission through annual giving, foundation and government grants, endowment bequests and gifts, special events and capital campaigns. The Chief Development Officer is responsible for developing and implementing the YMCA of Montclair’s fundraising strategies and initiatives and will lead the growth of annual contributions to $1MM per year as well as a future capital campaign of $10MM. The incumbent well assists the CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors and positions the Y as a community convener and collaborator to address critical social issues.
- Develops organizational fundraising goals in concert with the CEO and drives the fundraising plan, strategy, policies and procedures for the Association.
- Works closely with the CEO and the Board’s Financial Development committee to identify new initiatives and opportunities designed to increase the donor base.
- Directs and coordinates association capital development, annual campaign and endowment programs.
- Oversees and directs grant writer work- plan for private foundation and government grant proposals.
- Actively identifies, cultivates, and solicits major gift prospects.
- Oversees the day to day operations of the Financial Development and Marketing Departments.
- Ensures all gifts and pledges are recorded properly by source and purpose.
- Oversees training in fundraising. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to volunteers and staff related to best practices in the fundraising process.
- Develops media strategies and key messaging to enhance the organization's image and reputation as needed.
- Ensures the YMCA of Montclair is in compliance with national branding guidelines.
- Develops communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support.
- YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
- Eight or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising in the YMCA or another non-profit preferred.
- Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Three years minimum Marketing and Communications experience.
- Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
- Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
- Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
- Foundation and government grant writing expertise.
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) or equivalent preferred.
Salary: $95,000.00 - $105,000.00