The YMCA of Orange County staff are committed to teaching youth positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. In our communities, our staff support and strengthen families by offering quality experiences that are affordable and life-enriching. Our staff encourage participation by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities.
Responsible for all of the general operations of a Branch, which includes financial development and fiscal and program administration.
- Branch Administration: Implement association policies, goals, standards and procedures; monitor operating systems for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Ensure reports and data are submitted on time and as needed. Lead the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the branch and ensure plans are aligned with Association goals and priorities. Actively participate in Association wide meetings and strategic planning sessions.
- Fiscal Management and Control: Budget development and monitoring, year-end forecasts; maintain financial control systems including revenue, expenses and inventories. Ensure effective and efficient implementation of branch finances and assets.
- Financial Development: Lead Branch Annual Campaign efforts. Secure revenue; direct fundraising activities; direct endowment development efforts; lead project funding and special events.
- Program Development: Promote program innovation, growth and evaluation. Develop and implement program plans with desired outcomes; supervise delivery of program services and ensure quality and quantity of programs. Ensure branch staff, membership and programs are reflective of community demographics.
- Staff Development: Hire, train, and supervise staff; administer Wage and Salary Administration Guidelines; conduct staff meetings, one-on-one conferences. Create and support development/growth plans for branch staff.
- Planning & Community Outreach: Represent the YMCA through membership in selected community organizations and through attendance at key YMCA and community events. Monitor the accomplishment of goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan and keep the community engaged and informed through regular newsletters, seasonal promotion efforts and press releases.
- Capital Development: Lead Branch efforts for capital campaigns, planning and construction efforts.
- Follow and enforce Association safety standards and other policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for staff, members and guests/visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In accordance with applicable policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining staff; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
- Certification as YMCA Director preferred.
- 6 to 10 years related operational experience required (program development, fiscal management and financial development is key).
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Excellent teambuilding and organizational management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Windows/Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Results-oriented with the ability to adjust goals as needed.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures and communities.
- Ability to be an effective member of larger teams.
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
Salary: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00