The Finance Coordinator works with the Finance Director to manage the $8 million annual budget of Audubon Florida, the state’s oldest conservation nonprofit. This is an excellent position for a hard worker with an eye for detail and an interest in helping our growing organization manage our finances more efficiently and effectively. This position has responsibilities in accounts receivable and payable, ensuring data is entered in a timely matter, contracting, equipment inventory and lease management, as well as office operations. The duties and responsibilities of this position require not only a knack for numbers, but also attention to detail and well-developed organizational and communication skills.
- Open mail and manage the deposit log for gifts received;
- Report revenue received from budgeted major gifts to development staff within 24 hours of receipt;
- Process weekly direct mail gifts (including running credit card transactions) and post information from gift reply vehicles into transmittal portals;
- Collaborate with development and finance department to generate quarterly contribution reports to reconcile contributed income budget projections
- Prepare, record and deposit revenue for Florida Audubon Society (FAS).
- Open mail to compile and sort invoices;
- Input invoices in the system.
- Request for approval FAS invoices to be paid
- Place online orders & input in the system purchases with Pcard.
- Work with program staff and vendors to negotiate appropriate scopes and fees for services.
- Prepare and/or review contracts for completeness. Once contract is signed send complete package including information statement to NY;
- Manage contracts for office services to include office rent, copiers, phones/internet, utilities, etc. Make sure server and all corresponding equipment (firewall, POE phone switch box, internet, phones) are working properly.
- Update/maintain list of all assets vehicles, boats, engines, machinery;
- Oversee annual inventory process for equipment statewide and insurance coverage;
- Manage lease schedules for staff computers, order new laptops and ensure return of expired equipment.
- Provide support for the Finance Director as necessary and requested;
- Assisting with general office duties and other duties as assigned;
- Maintain financial information security protocols and donor confidentiality.
- 3 years of bookkeeping and office experience required;
- Demonstrated proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Demonstrated strong skills in accounting and other software including Excel required;
- Experience reviewing contracts for completeness and negotiating terms with vendors;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy and be detail-oriented;
- Accurate data entry skills and proven ability to enter data at required speeds.