The position is perfect for someone that loves numbers and is detail-oriented.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
The Business Manager at the Meadville Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while providing financial, accounting & human resources support in order to effectively and efficiently conduct the business of the YMCA.
Works collaboratively with all departments in carrying out the day to day financial activities and in developing policies, procedures and implementing best practices. Interacts on a regular basis with employees. Also responsible for communicating changes in procedures to the CEO and staff as related to the aforementioned areas of responsibilities.
- Provide reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the Chief Executive Officer and staff in the areas of cash flow, collections, bank reconciliations, financial forecasts and other areas as requested.
- Provides training and assist in the completion of staff's monthly variance reports and provide support in interpreting the variances.
- Reconcile monthly financial statements, balance sheet and fixed asset accounts for the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Manage staff in the area of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Human Resources' record keeping.
- Leads organization in annual Operating budget preparation and process.
- Become a resident expert on Daxko Accounting functions and reports.
- Manage all cleaning or custodial accounts
- Prepare journal entries
- Supervise staff on payroll and adhere to the Association’s policies and procedures; submit accurate payroll on time
- Monitor payroll budget
- Process expense reimbursement reports ensuring that supporting documentation is attached, appropriate signatures are obtained and expenditures are in compliance with Association policies and procedures.
- Serve as financial resource for association, branch supervisors and administrative staff.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience required.
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Proven experience in managing accounting support functions including billing, cash receipts, payroll & accounts payable.
- Strong focus on policies, procedures and internal controls.
- A detail-oriented individual that is also able to step back and see the bigger picture.
- Computer savvy, skilled and comfortable with query and reporting tools including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups, maintain confidentiality and think strategically.
- Grant/Contract Accounting experience a plus.
Salary: $38,000.00 - $42,000.00