The California Wellness Foundation seeks an energetic, curious, flexible and professional Program Coordinator (PC) to join our team. The Program Coordinator serves on the front lines of our grant-making work and is an integral part of the Programs team. They support the foundation’s vision, mission, and strategic programmatic goals by providing effective and efficient grantmaking and administrative support to the Programs team and other internal and external constituents. The selected candidate will join a cohort of three other PCs working under the supervision of the Director of Program Operations (DPO) to support multiple grantmakers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Deliver consistent high-quality grantmaking support during all phases of a grant’s lifecycle.
- Conduct preliminary review of letters of interest (LOIs) to ascertain fit with grantmaking portfolio and goals.
- Monitor grants pipeline from LOI stage through approval process using foundationConnect (fC).
- Schedule grantseeker calls, site visits, and follow-up meetings for the portfolio teams.
- Perform initial set-up and due diligence for request records including entering grant codes, obtaining grantee contact information and payment method, assigning budget allocation, and scheduling payments.
- Partner with Grants Management to ensure completion of all required fields and grantmaking tasks in fC.
- Update request, contact, and organizational records in fC to maintain accuracy
- Prepare and proofread grant related correspondence.
- Process grant amendments.
- Ensure timely submission and review of progress and final reports.
Provide excellent customer service to external and internal constituents.
- Serve as initial point of contact for grantseekers by responding to general inquiries regarding grantmaking strategies, LOIs, application materials, and proposal review process.
- Support grantseekers and grantees with resolving routine issues including troubleshooting grantee portal accounts, adding/changing contact information, and providing reporting guidelines and due dates.
- Respond to external and internal phone call and email inquiries in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain teamwork with all staff members in a trustful, respectful, and cooperative work environment.
Provide exceptional administrative support to the Programs Department.
- Actively manage and coordinate calendars for Program Directors
- Schedule internal and external calls and meetings.
- Support the DPO in improving grantmaking processes and fostering greater coordination across portfolios.
- Produce reports from fC and other data visualization tools to assist grantmakers in analyzing grants data.
- Provide logistical support for meetings facilitated by Programs.
Expand knowledge and understanding of Advancing Wellness portfolios and the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors.
- Attend site visits, webinars, grantee specific events, and local funder briefings
- Participate in internal peer learning sessions to share information and deepen understanding of Advancing Wellness strategies.
- Conduct research and analysis on Advancing Wellness priorities and the philanthropic field, as needed.
- Engage in networks, affinity groups, and other external efforts to learn about relevant issues and trends.
- Attend conferences and workshops to learn new tools and practices and leverage insights and knowledge gained to support grantmaking efforts.
- Contribute as an active member in cross-departmental and foundation-wide activities.
Additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- Solid administrative experience and proficiency.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Successfully works both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Pays attention to detail, anticipates the needs of those they support, proactively solves problems, and takes initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to interact with diverse populations
- Great application of analytical skills and subject matter knowledge.
- Able to use technology in a productive and efficient manner. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with foundationConnect or other grants management systems is preferred, but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to complete work accurately on deadlines.
- Comfort with receiving feedback and assisting others.
- Flexibility in assuming additional responsibilities when necessary as required.
- Commitment to working for an organization that is driven by its mission and values, including a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Periodic travel may be required, for example to visit our Los Angeles headquarters office, attend grantee site visits, and/or to attend convenings. Travel is less than 10%.
The ideal candidate will embody Cal Wellness’ core competencies:
- Live our Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Stewardship, Excellence, Learning, and Trust.
- Drive Towards Innovation: Be bold. Experiment and learn from both successes and failures.
- Make a Difference: Yes, we can. Own our responsibilities and our ability to make positive change.
- Contribute to One Team: We’re in this together. Our success is a collective effort.
- Show Courage: Be thoughtful but act on your convictions. Be open to feedback.
The target starting salary for the newly hired Program Coordinator is $65,000 annualized ($31.25 per hour). The full salary range for the role is $54,800 to $82,200 per year. Highlights from our benefit package include: a variety of health plans, a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid time off, professional development and educational opportunities, matching gifts, and the opportunity to work at a mission and values driven organization.
Please upload your resume and letter of interest.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 4. Candidates selected for advancement may be asked to participate in several rounds of interviews and complete a writing assignment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in our application process, please let us know.
The California Wellness Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. Additionally, we are a fair chance employer and welcome candidates with living experience with the criminal justice system.
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to limit the scope of potential work assignments. This is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and duties may differ from those as outlined above.
A Note Regarding COVID-19: Cal Wellness plans to return to a hybrid remote and office environment in 2022. In-office attendance will be required twice per week. The interview process may utilize video-conferencing for initial interviews, and an in-person interview for finalists.
COVID Vaccination: All Foundation employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless they have been approved for an exemption from the vaccination requirement as a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or restriction or sincerely‐held religious beliefs.