Program District Assistant - Transitional Subsidized Employment
The South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (SBWIB) is seeking a highly motivated individual to function as a liaison between subcontracted One-Stop/America Job Centers of California (AJCC) and the LA County GAIN Regions. The Liaison must understand the goals and objectives of the Transitional Subsidized Employment Program (TSE) and possess excellent motivational speaking skills with the ability to communicate to TSE participants how they can achieve their professional goals through employment. Liaisons must be able to assess the job-ready participants’ strongest skills and interests to facilitate a referral to the One-Stop/AJCCs for a Paid Work Experience (PWE) or On-the-Job Training (OJT) employer match. He/she must be able to work in a professional work setting with various levels of staff and be able to work independently or in a group setting.
Performing duties of the Program District Assistant may require spending the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting and regularly driving back and forth to off-site locations. Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and insurance is a must. The Program District Assistant must also be able to work well under stress and meet deadlines.
Essential Duties: Under the supervision of the GAIN Unit Manager (or designee), the Program District Assistant’s duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Assist LA County GAIN Regions in identifying job-ready participants for the Transitional Subsidized Employment (TSE) program.
- Interview participants to assess interest/qualification for TSE.
- Discuss with the participant his/her rights and responsibilities in TSE.
- Facilitate and complete participant referrals to the One-Stop/AJCCs for enrollment into the TSE program.
- Understand the general GAIN process and be able to address the participants’ questions/concerns
- Assess the participants’ skills, interest, goals, and determine if suitable to participate in PWE or OJT
- Coach the participants on appropriate work behavior, attire, interviewing techniques, etc.
- Assist the GAIN Region in completing necessary paperwork, participant resumes, flyers, group orientations/recruitments, etc.
- Follow-up with One-Stop/AJCCs for status updates on all participants referred by the region and prepare written report accordingly.
- Respond to incoming calls from participants, GAIN Region staff and outside agencies.
- Direct participant complaints/concerns about TSE worksites to the South Bay Workforce Investment Board for investigation and follow-up.
- Work closely with assigned One-Stop/AJCCs to ensure participants are placed or, appropriate actions are taken.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports as directed by Manager.
- Participate in routine LA County Regional Staff Meetings and SBWIB GAIN Unit meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
At least two (2) years of experience in the delivery of social service programs, job training and development, leadership and marketing. Candidate must possess excellent verbal communication skills. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. A California Driver’s License and reliable transportation are required.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) with a starting hourly wage of $23.49. Our company has developed a comprehensive set of employee benefit programs to supplement our employees' regular wages. Our benefit package represents a hidden value of additional income to our employees, which include a 50% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), sick and vacation time, holidays and a competitive 401k plan. All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 60-90-day employment introductory period.