The North Valley Family YMCA is seeking a cause-driven professional to lead the Teen Department. The Teen Program Director will be responsible for program development and management, volunteer and staff management (recruitment, supervision and engagement), budget preparation and management, financial development, program administration, community and school partnerships and collaborations and special events. The Teen Program Director is responsible for the development, operation, growth and management of the following Youth & Teen program areas: Youth and Government (Model United Nations and Model Legislature & Court), teen summer day camp, Get Summer Teen Initiative, monthly teen nights, socials and fellowships, school-based Youth Advisory Councils and seasonal after school enrichment programs for middle school students. In addition, the Teen Program Director will participate in local community councils, groups and committees, including as a liaison and leader on the YMCA Teen Board Committee. In this role, the Teen Program Director is considered to be our resident "Teen Expert" and will work closely with our branch Board of Managers and teen board committee to advance our Teen Agenda in the community. Vital to this role, the Teen Program Director must relate well to youth and teens, creating a welcoming atmosphere where teens can thrive. Additionally, this position requires heavy engagement with volunteers, community partners, parents, school personnel and board members, including comfort with public speaking. Successful candidates must possess the skills necessary to manage, develop and supervise multiple program operations and a diverse group of volunteers. The Teen Program Director will carry out the mission and vision of the YMCA and demonstrate the YMCA values in all contacts with staff, members, volunteers, and members of the community. The Teen Program Director is responsible for one fundraising division during our annual community support campaign, including volunteer and leadership recruitment, fundraising and engagement.This position has an unconventional work schedule and will require occasional night, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Develop annual marketing plan including mailings, advertisement and community outreach.
- Identify program volunteer positions and assist with the identification, recruitment and tracking of program volunteers
- Work closely with senior branch leadership to engage with branch Board of Managers Teen Committee and Teen Agenda. Work as staff liaison on board Teen Committee.
- Develop current program, ensuring high quality and results. Implement and innovate new programs and initiatives. Identify community needs to assess opportunities for new program development and growth.
- Through programs, initiatives, workshops, events, etc., create an atmosphere at both the branch and within the community where teens feel welcome, connected and engaged. Develop programs, initiatives, workshops, events, etc. inside the branch and within the community to engage teens in positive, enriching activities and experiences.
- Communicate program information, registration information, schedules, etc., effectively and consistently with branch management and membership staff. Update program brochures and fliers to ensure strong communication throughout the branch.
- Develop annual operating budget for assigned program. Manage department budget to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals. Maintain systems for variance analysis, revenue and expense monitoring and control.
- Support one division of Annual Support Campaign, including recruiting volunteer leadership, volunteer campaigners and fundraising.
- Oversee and conduct ongoing program member evaluations and surveys to ensure that high levels of quality in programs are maintained at all times.
- Recruit and onboard volunteers and summer staff using screening tools and panel interviews to gain the best possible fit with each volunteer opportunity.
- Provide direct oversight and support to department volunteers, assuring that all volunteers are qualified, certified, and are performing within the guidelines for program volunteers.
- Provide training for program volunteers to ensure that they are equipped for their roles within the program.
- Ensure all programs within the scope of the Youth and Teen department are running efficiently, within Association guidelines and best practices.
- Manage and supervise a team of staff during summer day camp program. Run a high quality, results-based summer leadership day camp, which teaching teens 21st-century skills and prepares them for after high school and beyond.
- Be an active member of the branch management team, which includes branch and community events, annual support campaign, working with the board and committees, fundraising, project management.
- Related Experience: Must be 21 years-old or older with at least two (2) years of experience working with youth, teens and volunteers.
- Certifications: Basic First Aid, Infant, Child and Adult CPR, AED and Basic Water Rescue, or willing to certify in within 60 days of hire. YMCA Team Leader preferred, but not required.
- Specialized Skills: Strong character values; communication skills
- Ability to flourish within the positions sometimes hectic schedule; position includes some weeknights, some weekends, and some overnights throughout the year.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and with diverse teams. Positive, enthusiastic and caring.Must enjoy working with youth, teens, adults and families. High ability to recruit and engage volunteers. Proactive, hands-on, great work ethic.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to multi-task and produce high-quality work within deadlines.
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; must be empathetic, adaptable, professional and articulate when dealing with others.