The EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (EA) will juggle multiple job responsibilities on a daily basis, from helping with administrative tasks; copying, printing and organizing materials; producing notebooks and putting together briefing materials for calls and meetings; helping to process administrative paperwork; assisting with budget and fiscal tracking; assisting the Executive Director (ED)with scheduling phone calls and meetings;and working with other staff to help provide logistical support for events. This position requires someone who has tremendous organizational skills, initiative, attention to detail, and is comfortable communicating with all levels of staff and consultants to ensure tasks get completed on time. This position is for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment;enjoys taking care of things the right way the first time; and who figures out how to get most tasks done, but asks smart questions when there is a need for guidance.
Must be based in LA area and requires working remotely.
The EA is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the ED and other senior staff in administrative duties related to project logistics and other operations functions;
- Provide logistical support to the ED related to project management as well as calls, events and meetings;
- Provide administrative support to the ED for travel, calendar management, general scheduling, and production of meeting materials and presentations;
- Process expense reimbursements, including working with the ED to ensure all necessary information and receipts are submitted in a timely fashion;
- Conduct research in preparation for calls and meetings and organize materials notebooks; and
- Take notes/minutes of calls and meetings as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Order supplies
- Proofread/copyedit documents
- Research and news articles monitoring
- Monitoring emails and drafting of replies
- Other clerical, administrative, technical & office support duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional administrative and problem-solving skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Well organized and highly attentive to detail
- Flexible and able to work cooperatively under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with external partners, consultants, and staff and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to synthesize information
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work with remote staff
- Able to self-direct day-to-day activities
- Strong commitment to justice reform
- Basic knowledge about preparing financial reimbursement forms and accuracy in financial submissions
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain basic office equipment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel; Google Drive experience a plus
Term and Compensation are negotiable.
Submit letter and resume to: [email protected].
Must be based in the Los Angeles area, and requires working remotely. Work from home and occasionally drop offs at Executive Director’s home office.