The Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law (CHRCL) in Los Angeles is hiring! We have an immediate opening for an Executive Administrator.
TO APPLY: email Cover Letter and Resume to
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR: The Center is currently seeking an Executive Administrator that is an experienced professional to handle its bookkeeping and administration of our nonprofit organization. The position will be full-time, Monday-Friday 9 AM - 5 PM. Salary // $60,000-$80,000 per year DOE.
- MUST be skilled in standard accounting software (QuickBooks, etc.)
- MUST have balanced bank statements, run accounting reports, entered and tracked budgets in an accounting software program, etc.;
- Bachelor's degree; at least one year's experience administering a non-profit or public agency
- Ability to manage general ledger and finance, prepare financial reports, and administer grants.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Must reside in Los Angeles County or be able to quickly move to Los Angeles County.
- PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THE EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE EXPERIENCED IN USING THE FUNCTIONALITIES OF AN ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE PROGRAM.
- Finance & bookkeeping
- Maintain general ledger, including receipts, deposits, payroll, payables, grant allocations, and accruals.
- Prepare budgets and financial reports for funding sources and outside auditors.
- Oversee preparation and filing of non-profit reports and tax returns.
- Coordinate outside bookkeeping consultation.
- Coordinate payroll with outside payroll service; maintain employee time records, accrued wages and benefits.
- Maintain personnel files, including I-9s, W-2s and salary and benefit records.
- Oversee insurance, office equipment, supplies, furnishings, and physical office.
- Coordinate management and maintenance of the Center's Hawaii retreat.
- Oversee financial and administrative filing systems.
- Maintain and update policies, procedures and operations manuals.
- Assist in preparing programmatic reports for fundraising.
Job Type: Full-time