The YMCA of Northern Colorado is seeking a ray of sunshine to light up the Arapahoe YMCA in Lafayette.Serving as the Associate Program Director of Membership and Child Watch, our Little Miss, Mrs. or Mr. Sunshine must be bright and strong, dependable, full of energy and radiating with warmth.
Yep, this job is gonna be hot.
The Y's Associate Program Director of Membership and Child Watch will direct all aspects of membership for the Arapahoe Y, including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of staff. He or she will develop, plan and implement new procedures and methods to help the Y reach its goals.
We want someone who can be a guiding light for our membership staff and members. You might be the right candidate if...
- You are a communicator, diplomat and social butterfly. You love being around people, but you are not a "people pleaser." Instead, you can implement and enforce rules fairly and assertively, handle member complaints with pose and grace, and show respect, compassion and positivity in any situation.
- "Customer service" is your middle name (not legally, but it's a moniker you've adopted over the years). You are deliberate, observant and innovative, helping the Y implement strategies that support member recruitment and retention. You are great at solving problems or, better yet, avoiding problems before they happen. Your welcoming and listening-first approach helps you create a member-focused culture, and you work to model relationship-building in all your interactions.
- You are a leader, and you have experience recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, motivating and managing staff and volunteers. You feel comfortable scheduling and supervising our customer relations staff members as well as the Child Watch coordinator.
- While you are not a salesperson exactly, you understand that selling the Y's programs, facilities and cause is a large part of your job. You feel confident promoting and extolling the finer points of fitness classes, membership, ice programs, swim lessons and much more. And friend, you know how to give a tour!
- You are tech savvy, detail oriented and process focused. You have the ability to learn our registration software and member management system (ActiveNet), navigate our website and app, and organize, monitor and assess forms and documents with the best of them. You have a close relationship with procedures and policies, but you can adjust to meet the needs of the community you serve. Oh, and you even enjoy a bit of budgeting now and then.
- You understand that the Y is not just a gym and the people who come through our doors are not just members. They are a community of like-minded individuals who see the Y as a second home, as a second family. You know that at the end of the day, this job ensures people have a supportive, inclusive place to help them reach their goals and stay connected with others. And you can't wait to get started.
- Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction. Provide quality customer service and Y relationships with current and potential members and volunteers.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Supervises and schedules CRS staff team and Child Watch Coordinator, and operations therein. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures, adjusting as necessary to meet the needs of the community being served. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA. By understanding members and connecting them to programs, services, and other members that meet their needs, fostering a sense of community.
- Direct supervision at customer relations desk, supporting CRS team as needed including but not limited to staying up to date with member management systems, documenting and monitoring needs for the membership department at your branch.
- Maintains inventory for Front Desk equipment, communicating with appropriate staff when there is anything that needs attention.
- Implements agreed upon marketing strategies and sales initiatives to obtain established membership goals.
- Integrates with fitness and other program staff to ensure seamless transition of new members based on their stated interest.
- Gathers member satisfaction and needs input; utilize member survey results.
- Manages reporting systems based on administrative needs, to include but not limited to revenue collection and membership data collection.
- Leads assigned aspects of the fundraising campaign.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Participates in required Manager on Duty shifts.gsvesvf
- Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Salary range is $15.50-$16.50/hour full time, year round.
This position is full-time hourly with benefits: medical, dental, vision insurance options, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, free YMCA family membership, 50% reduced rates on YMCA of Boulder programs, and much more!