350.org is looking for a Field Organiser to develop 350 Indonesia local and state groups and broader organising networks through delivering team and individual leadership development, coaching, strategic planning, campaign development and organising coordination.
- Coach local groups on organising skills, movement building, campaigns and mobilisation; help to develop local group leadership, infrastructure and capacity
- Assist in development of organising plans for 350.org campaigns and actions; organise local groups and partners to participate in campaigns and actions
- Assist local groups with strategic planning, campaign development, internal norms and values development, and development of strategic coalitions
- Plan and coordinate local convergences, trainings and other regional meetings
- Help to develop groups in strategic areas
- Identify and address needs and opportunities to build power in local groups and network
- Serve as a mediator or facilitator to help resolve conflicts within local groups or the network
- Foster and develop a deeper understanding and effort around intersectional, climate justice and allyship organising in local groups.
- Develop and help coordinate peer-to-peer network activities
- Understand 350.org’s history, campaigns and theory of social change, and keep current with basic climate science and policy
- From time to time, represent 350.org in the media, with high-profile partners and in other public venues and contribute work towards 350.org’s overall mission that is outside of standard responsibilities and instead relies solely on geographic location or work capacity.
- More than 2 years of experience in recruiting, organising, training, and coaching volunteers and volunteer leaders
- Campaign strategy, planning, and management experience
- Experience working well with the diverse people in our base, including race, age, gender, sexual orientation etc.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about climate justice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to adapt to and juggle evolving and competing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working independently as part of a remote team
- Ability to travel within Indonesia 1-2 times per month on average
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Familiarity and skills with digital activism that involves youth, and converting offline campaigners to actively engaged volunteers
- Proficient in Google Drive, Slack and Zoom