EBC’s Senior Manager of Programs (SMP) is responsible for the ongoing successful development and execution of EBC’s programs (which includes three program areas that distribute essential goods to children/families in need) and the related upkeep of its facilities including warehouses and vans.
For a detailed job description, please visit https://babycorner.org/job-board/ .
General duties include the creation the annual Program Plan, which includes the execution of annual budgets, staff scheduling and supervision, oversight of EBC program purchasing, oversight of facility maintenance, organizational risk & safety protocols and oversight of core volunteers and volunteering. As the leader of the department that represents EBC’s mission within the community, the Program department closely coordinates with the Development and Community Relations and Administrative departments. The SMP will also work closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure that purchases & donated inventory are properly accounted for.
The SMP will sit on the Administrative Committee consisting of the Executive Director, Director of Development & Community Outreach and the Senior Manager of Programs.
Administrative Leadership (10%): Serve as member of senior management team providing program perspective to agency decisions.
- Participate in short and long-term agency planning
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring budgets for the Program department, forecasting monthly expenses and product needs.
- Oversee reporting projections of product usage to assist in planning and inventory control.
- Interface daily with community and develop and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
- Represent the Program Department before the Board of Directors.
Program Management (60%): Lead 7-member Program staff. Oversee planning and implementation of EBC programs.
- Supervise day-to-day program delivery at all EBC locations.
- Supervise staff responsible for order distribution cycle - product intake, filling weekly orders, and order delivery.
- Ensure timely departmental processing of all product donations/purchases, including large donations of goods requiring extra storage space. Oversee logistical details by maximizing staff and volunteer hours.
- Oversee projections, monitor and maintain inventory in all locations.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director & Director of Development & Community Relations, manage relationships with local and national partners such as NDBN, Baby2Baby, etc.
- Oversee staffing for inventory & inventory management including annual inventory count.
- Coordinate with Director of Development & Community Relations on program needs for funding, donor relationships, and corporate/organizational engagement
Facility Management (20%): Manage general facility security, maintenance and budgets.
- Create, maintain and regularly review policies and procedures for inventory controls, intake, emergency preparedness, facility management (on and off-site), and facility safety.
- Work with Admin Team to scope future facility acquisition, use, expansion and upgrades.
Volunteer Management (10%): Ensure that the volunteer “experience” is educational, productive, and rewarding. Day to day supervision may be delegated to staff.
- Coordinate or oversee coordination of on-site and off-site volunteer opportunities (coordinating with Development & Community Relations).
- Foster volunteer relationships through education, communication, and a high level of customer service to increase volunteer level of commitment.
- Manage regularly scheduled Program Meetings with staff and volunteers.
- Oversee Volunteer Appreciation and Recognition events (2x year).
Other duties as assigned.
Language Ability – Ability to read, write, and speak English effectively with others. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, volunteers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer/Technical Skills – Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Experience with Volunteer Hub and Salesforce a plus. Ability to learn new software quickly.
Other Competencies/Characteristics – The ability to be flexible, highly organized with a strong orientation to detail/quality work is required. Must maintain a highly professional demeanor and level of confidentiality. Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with others both internally and externally as well as work well with a variety of people and personalities in a constantly evolving environment. Regular attendance is required to adequately perform this job. Superior attention to detail with strong follow-through. Ability to problem-solve and adapt quickly in our dynamic environment. Commitment to and enthusiasm for EBC’s mission and values
Evening and weekend work occasionally.
$55K-$58K DOE, PTO, Subsidized Health & Dental insurance, 403b retirement plan
Please send cover letter and resume. Resumes will be reviewed as received. Resumes reviewed through May 16, 2021. No calls please.