The Indianapolis Education Leadership Coach will develop, coach, and support teacher leaders (Change Agents) from across the city as they partner with their principals to lead change in their individual schools. Working in partnership with the Indiana Executive Director and with support from the National Program Team, the Coach will support Change Agents as they identify opportunities for equity-based change in their schools, make a case for change with their school leaders and colleagues, create and implement plans for creating change, and monitor the results. The Education Teacher Leadership Coach is a critical leadership opportunity for a skilled coach who is looking to support school change driven by teacher leaders.
Specifically, the Education Leadership Coach will be responsible for two pieces of work:
1. Teacher Leader Support and Development
- Provide one-on-one support to a cohort of Change Agent teacher leaders as they:
- Plan and implement their individual change projects to advance the determined project goals;
- Plan for and deliver relevant school meetings as they implement their change projects;
- Build their capacity as leaders to advance their professional growth and leadership attribute-aligned growth goals.
- Create and foster the development of a Professional Learning Community and affinity space for teacher leaders, as they lead individual change efforts focused on equity in their buildings, to be able to reflect collectively, identify challenges, elevate the views and experiences of teachers of color in Indianapolis and share best practices across their schools and districts.
- Provide support to teacher leaders as they engage in feedback loops with their principals and students, providing insight into their own instruction and practice, suggesting best practices for school or district-wide expansion
- Monitor progress of change projects and change agents’ professional growth and adjust programming to best meet their needs.
- Build capacity to support teacher leadership, and share best practices, which include:
- Plan for and deliver professional development sessions (cohort meetings and convenings) for Change Agents across the Network.
- Meet with the Evaluation Team to review data and discuss priorities.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and best practice sharing with other regional and national coaches and regional directors.
- Foster Purpose-Driven Instructional Leadership
- Ensure that the work of the teacher leaders involved in the Indianapolis Equity Change Agent Network is based on evidence and collaboratively achieves desired impact on teacher practice and student learning.
- Ensure that the primary work of each Change Agent’s team is focused on improving teacher practice and, therefore, learning for all students through the use of change management and continuous improvement.
- Observe and strategically contribute to periodic Teacher Leader-led team meetings and professional development.
2. Program Management Support
- Manage the initial phases of this initiative and monitor progress over the course of the 2-year program.
- Maintain accurate and timely data and enter the appropriate information into the Salesforce database for ongoing accountability reports.
- Works with the Indiana Executive Director and the National Program Team to develop systems that allow teacher leadership to be implemented more efficiently and effectively and to communicate critical support, outcomes, metrics, and resource needs.
- 6+ years in the education field, with preference given to candidates who have both a teaching background and experience coaching teachers and school leaders in diverse school environments
- Expertise in academic instruction, social-emotional learning, and/or culturally responsive pedagogy is preferred
- A relentless focus on data, including analysis and using it to inform instruction and make continuous improvement decisions, and the ability to conduct difficult conversations around systemic barriers and disparate outcomes.
- Experience in leadership development and facilitation of inquiry with teachers and/or school leaders; specifically around racial equity work, including areas such as culturally responsive leadership, intersectionality, and identity
- Commitment to and previous experience with educational equity and a belief in the power of teachers to bring about positive change for all students
- Experience creating and building professional development materials and training
- Strong organizational and communications skills required; experience managing complex projects or initiatives preferred
The starting salary for this position is $70,000. Teach Plus offers a benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 3% matching 401k plan, disability and life insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and childcare expenses. Teach Plus offers generous time off benefits, including 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, 5 sick days, 11 holidays, and winter break. Additionally, Teach Plus offers paid parental leave and a 4-week paid sabbatical for every five years of service.
To apply, please complete an online application by clicking the link below. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://teachplus.tfaforms.net/328198
Teach Plus is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates. Teach Plus does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age.