The YMCA of Greater Houston is currently seeking an experienced Youth Development Director-Aquatics for the Trotter Family YMCA.
This position will be responsible for a year-round outdoor pool, a seasonal outdoor family fun pool, and a safety around water program. Staff supervision includes 40 - 60 part-time and seasonal staff members. Annual revenue goal for group and private swim lessons is $150,000.
Develops, organizes, implements and evaluates YMCA aquatics programs with a focus on quality, safety, youth development and healthy living.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Works with Center Facility Technician to monitor daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Attends Aquatics Cabinets Meetings to stay current regarding pertinent Aquatic information.
- Maintains and updates all Aquatic Records including in-service training records, safety drills, and skills testing.
- Ensures that all Aquatic Staff are knowledgeable and proficient in the implementation of center emergency action plans. Is responsible to see that expectations are met regarding Aquatic facility and program audits.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- Three to fouryears related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor.
- Minimum age requirement of 21
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention, CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications:
- Lifeguard Certification including CPR-Pro, AED, Oxygen and First Aid, and Swim Instructor
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $59,000.00 - $65,000.00