The YMCA of Greater Houston is currently seeking experienced Director of Operations for the Tellepsen Family Downtown YMCA.
The YMCA of Greater Houston is seeking an ambitious, cause-driven and innovativeDirector of Operations to develop a staff and volunteer team serving the Tellepsen Family Downtown YMCA. This 115,000 square foot state of the art facility serving Downtown Houston has an operational budget of $7 million dollars and provides programs and services to 8,000 facility membership units. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, strategic thinker and have a passion for the mission of the YMCA.
- Responsible for the daily operations of center to ensure adherence to standard policies and procedures.
- Establishes with the center leadership team long-range plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives.
- Provides support in the area of board development and leads assigned volunteer committees.
- Assists with fundraising efforts around the center’s annual support campaign.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs employees and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages, and monitors operating budgets for assigned center to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
- Develops and directs high-quality member engagement strategies and programs which support center and association mission, goals, and strategies.
- Aligns center operations, within the matrix and centralized program delivery models.
- Supports association initiatives through center operations and fund development.
- Ensures the maintenance of facilities and properties of the center to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
- Responds to and resolves employee relations issues and member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
- Three or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other not-for-profit agency.
- Ability to direct assigned operations within the areas of staff supervision, budget development, local marketing, program development and delivery, as well as assist with volunteer development and community engagement.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with diverse populations
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA certification preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00