Who We Are: MLSA is a progressive and growing Montana non-profit law firm. We offer our diverse staff challenging and fulfilling work, a supportive and collegial work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and a generous benefits package. MLSA’s advocates are passionate about our mission to ensure that low-income Montanans have a voice in our justice system. Our management team is dedicated to supporting that mission and making MLSA a great place to work.
MLSA is an equal opportunity employer and we consider the diversity of our staff to be vital to our organization's success. We strongly encourage and welcome people of all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, life experiences, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, ages, genders, and physical abilities to apply.
The Location: You’ll be based in Helena, Montana’s capital city, centrally located for a wide variety of outdoor adventures. Helena offers over 80 miles of hiking trails accessible from downtown and its nationally recognized mountain biking trail system offers a full range of expert to family-friendly rides. Cross-country ski trails abound and the local downhill ski area is just 23 miles from Helena and boasts affordable lift tickets, short lift lines, and night skiing on Fridays. And our office is a short walk to Downtown Helena and the Great Northern Town Center featuring great local coffee shops, eateries, craft breweries, a wine bar, a distillery, and handmade ice cream.
Why Should You Apply?
- Live your values by working at a mission-driven organization
- Great benefits, generous leave, and competitive pay.
- Access to a multitude of online and in-person professional development opportunities, including national conferences and trainings.
- Chance to work with a great group of people to support a good cause.
- Maintain the compensation plan and benefits program, and procure competitively priced insurance on an annual basis.
- Act as the primary point of contact for personnel matters, bridging management and employee relations.
- Plan professional development opportunities and organize training for supervisors and staff.
- Coordinate recruitment, hiring and retention activities; and manage onboarding and exiting of personnel.
- Assist in the development and revision of personnel policies and procedures.
- Support and coordinate MLSA internal communication initiatives.
- Oversee and manage MLSA’s performance evaluation system and merit bonus program.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Prior experience working in non-profit HR is preferred, but any professional or volunteer experience that demonstrates a commitment to social justice is valued.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, conflict resolution, and presentation skills.
- Overnight and day travel, both in and out of state, is required as needed.
The pay range we’re offering is $55,000 -$65,000, depending on experience. MLSA offers company-paid health, dental, vision and life insurance; an educational loan repayment assistance program; a 403(b) retirement plan; and eligibility for a health reimbursement or health savings account. We also offer a generous paid leave package, including annual, personal and sick leave, and a wellness leave program. And if you move from another town in Montana to join us, we offer up to $500 for relocation reimbursement (or $1,000 if you move from out of state).
Email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to [email protected]. Screening of applicants will begin immediately. The priority deadline for applications is November 16, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
Please visit our website at https://www.mtlsa.org/employment-opportunities/ to download a detailed job description and learn more about MLSA, our staff, and the work we do.