The web coordinator is an integral part of the DFI team. Tasks and responsibilities are broad (as expanded below) and relate to the maintenance and development of our new website, association management system, and social media content, primarily derived via a group of technical committees and their volunteer members/stakeholders. Also, design and distribution of content via eblasts and other marketing related functions are included in the role. To succeed in this role, you must have strong communication and organizational skills and an up-to-date awareness of web development and marketing techniques. You must also demonstrate an ability to self-manage and work independently while liaising with/supporting stakeholders across departments.
Reporting to the director of IT & Marketing, you'll be responsible for the following which may expand as needed:
- Coordinating, supporting, reviewing, maintaining, and publishing content and website pages via content management systems;
- Creating new pages, configuring system modules for various activities including events, creating and editing forms/surveys and email campaigns (eblasts) through multiple management systems;
- Supporting virtual event production and session hosting as needed including teleconferencing assistance;
- Producing and maintaining internal training/educational materials;
- Ensuring agreed content is created, edited, and uploaded accurately and on time;
- Maintaining continuity and design themes;
- Streamlining navigation and increasing online presence to potential members and sponsors;
- Maintaining email marketing systems, developing templates and sending communications (distribution);
- Managing and performing social media marketing activities in collaboration with marketing staff, editorial staff, and departmental directors;
- Analyzing statistics (using Google Analytics) and other relevant information to improve website effectiveness and providing up to date reporting to relevant stakeholders.
This position's jurisdiction includes: 30 community groups/committees, four distinct subsites, an excess of 250 pages, as well as several social media and distribution channels.
- Demonstrable experience generating/maintaining high-quality online content including audio and visual/video production;
- WordPress or equivalent CMS;
- HTML/CSS (php as an additional preferred skill);
- Social media management (cross platform);
- Mail Chimp, Constant Contact or similar email marketing platforms;
- Adobe creative suite.
References and a work test will be required as part of the interview process.
$40,000 - $50,000/Annual