SOUTH BAY WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARD, INC.
A Private Nonprofit Corporation, The is an equal opportunity employer.
Program District Assistant (Job Developer)
The South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (SBWIB) is seeking a highly motivated individual to function as a Program District Assistant (Job Developer) for the Transitional Subsidized Employment (TSE) Program. The position will be co-located at one of the 28 One-Stop/AJCCs subcontracted with the SBWIB to implement the program, and will be required to assist with placements into unsubsidized employment for all Centers within a specific Region. The Program District Assistant (PDA) – Job Developer must work closely with various One-Stop/AJCCs, to find jobs for CalWORKS participants completing their Paid Work Experience/On-The-Job Training assignments under the Transitional Subsidized Employment (TSE) Program. The PDA-Job Developer must understand the function and goal of the TSE program. Ideal candidate should be able to motivate TSE program participants to achieve their professional goals through employment, as well as market the program to employers.
- Under the supervision of the SBWIB GAIN Unit Manager (or designee), the Program District Assistant’s (Job Developers) duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of employers for unsubsidized placements (upon completion of the TSE participants’ assignments);
- Work closely with One-Stop/AJCCs to ensure participants who are in the last 3 months of their assignment, and/or who have completed their assignment, are targeted for job development;
- Build and maintain relationships with employers;
- Arrange interviews for participants who have successfully completed the program;
- Place, Place, Place participants into unsubsidized Jobs;
- Meet placement goals within timeframe provided;
- Tracks participant activity and progress data;
- Conduct job readiness workshops as needed;
- Collaborate with AJCC’s on recruitments;
- Participate in routine One-Stop/AJCC meetings, LA County GAIN Region Staff meetings, LA County GAIN Program Division TSE meetings and South Bay WIB GAIN Unit meetings as directed;
- Prepare and submit reports as directed by Manager;
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Social Science, Communications, or a related field; at least two (2) years of experience in the delivery of social service programs, job training and development, leadership, marketing and/or sales. Candidate must possess excellent verbal communication skills. . Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. A California Driver’s License and reliable transportation are required.
- Must be enthusiastic, creative and capable of functioning effectively in a professional work setting with various levels of staff, and possess the ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Must have outstanding people skills and be able to work well with others from diverse backgrounds, opinions and needs;
- Interview participants to assess interest/qualifications for unsubsidized placement;
- Instructs participants in job seeking, application procedures, resume writing, interview preparation and job retention skills and attitudes;
- Initiate and maintain ongoing personal contacts with a variety of business and industry representatives and job placement/training agencies to promote program for participant placement;
- Make cold calls to potential employers;
- Ability to communicate the benefits and employment support services provided by the program to employers, including addressing employer’s special needs;
- Understand how/where to search for job leads; keeps current with trends and maintains updated labor market information obtained through research;
- Collect data from employers related to job orders, including job requirements and skills;
- Ability to successfully match job skills with applicant qualifications;
- Keep updated regarding job fairs and internet resources; and participates in outreach and recruitment activities by attending job fairs;
- Assists in program presentations, workshops, and/or serve on committees as requested;
- Assists in developing flyers, brochures and other methods to advertise job placement activities and distributes or coordinates distribution of such materials at meetings;
- Must have excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a timely manner;
- Must be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency;
- Must possess the ability to excel at details, multi-task and work under pressure.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) with a starting hourly wage of $23.49. Our company has developed a comprehensive set of employee benefit programs to supplement our employees' regular wages. Our benefit package represents a hidden value of additional income to our employees, which include a 50% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), sick and vacation time, holidays and a competitive 401k plan. All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 60-90-day employment introductory period.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] for consideration. Recruitment for this position will end upon receipt of a sufficient number of resumes. Only those applicants with the most relevant qualifications and knowledge will be invited to participate in the oral interview. No phone calls please.
The SBWIB, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
The SBWIB, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Therefore, applicants who may need reasonable accommodation or other assistance in relation to a disability or religion, at any point within the application process or thereafter if hired, should immediately inform SBWIB, Inc. by sending an email to [email protected].
Performing duties of the Program District Assistant (Job Developer) may require spending the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting and regularly driving back and forth to off-site locations. Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and insurance is a must. The Program District Assistant (Job Developer) must also be able to work well under stress and meet deadlines.