Be part of a team focused on cultivating excellence in academic achievement, character and leadership development, and community strength and service. Through internationally acclaimed academics and the nation’s first integrated Pre-K through 8th grade leadership and entrepreneurial development program, Aspen Academy students are empowered to lead purposeful and extraordinary lives. Small classes are led by exceptional, award-winning faculty who provide a foundation of rich academics and a personalized approach to instruction.
We are seeking an educator who is passionate about teaching. The ideal candidate will have 1-5 years of lower school and/or middle school classroom experience. We are seeking candidates with a background elementary and/or middle school instruction, experience and facility with technology integration, and working collaboratively with a team. There is little to no planning responsibility in this role. This position will be responsible for administrative projects when not subbing. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills with parents and colleagues, add strength to the school community, and show evidence of continuing professional development. A four-year degree is required. A postgraduate degree in education or a related field and a teaching credential is preferred.
- Teach assigned classes.
- There is little to no planning responsibility in this role.
- Maintain a well-managed classroom where 100% of the students are engaged, consistently challenged, and supported.
- Integrate technology into daily classroom teaching and student learning.
- Full use of school prescribed instructional methodologies including Individualized Education based on student interest assessments and ability levels in each subject, Socratic Instruction, Inquiry Based Instruction, Contextual Instruction, Differentiated Instruction, and Flexible Grouping.
- Reinforce the school’s core values and policies inside and outside the classroom.
- Fulfill assigned monitoring duties (i.e., recess, lunch duty, etc.).
- Promote and maintain a supportive and positive relationship with all students and families you serve.
- Actively participate in the school’s professional development programs.
- When not in subbing, complete assigned administrative projects and tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work full-time.
- Ability to work in person/in the school building.
- Ability to speak for long periods of time.
- Regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally life up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with students, parents and colleagues
- Ability to analyze data and use data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Committed to working with a diverse student population.
- Proficient use of computer software, Google and learning management systems (Canvas preferred).
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve both in and out of school.
- Model the school’s core values with colleagues, students, parents, and larger community.
- Reinforce the school’s core values, guiding philosophy, rules, and school spirit consistently throughout the school environment and support and hold accountable colleagues in doing the same.
- Grant permission for a credit check and criminal background check.
Salary Range: $31,520-$45,390 commensurate with education and experience
Aspen Academy offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators. This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include but are not limited to: health, dental and vision insurance, STD/LTD, tuition remission, paid time off.
Please apply on our website at https://www.aspenacademy.org/about/careers.
Additional Information relevant to the 20-21 academic year:
- Monday through Friday (Friday is ½ day for students) schedule.
- Aspen Academy is currently operating with face-to-face instruction with COVID-19 precautions in place.
- Every grade has a small number of virtual students participating in synchronous learning.
We are committed to doing school differently and better. This means developing an inclusive and accepting community where adults feel empowered to design learning experiences for students that deepen their learning, engaging their emotions as well as their intellects. If you are a leader who is committed to the ideals of progressive education, and inspired by this description of our community, we encourage you to apply for this position at our school.
Applicants are also invited to visit Aspen Academy’s website (www.aspenacademy.org) to learn more about the school and its program.
Aspen Academy is a community that values and celebrates differences in learning, culture, race, ethnic origin, religion, sex, physical abilities, sexual orientation and gender identity. Because of these values, no student will be denied any educational opportunity or subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, gender identity, physical abilities or any other legally protected class. To read full policy please click here.