Retail Sales Associate
Accepts and implements the Girl Scout Mission to build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. Agrees to pledge and uphold the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
CUSTOMER IMPACT STATEMENT:
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for the management of the retail operations of the Council Shop at a service center. S/he is responsible for all inventories, displays, recordkeeping and creating a welcome atmosphere for customers.
The position reports directly to the Director of Retail Operations.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES (may include, but not limited to):
- Ensure efficient and effective operation of the Council Retail Shops to meet sales objectives while utilizing sound merchandising techniques and methods
- Responsible for engaging and professional displays that highlight new and interesting merchandise
- Maintain the Retail Shop in an attractive, organized and functional manner by keeping the sales floor stocked and displays fresh and appealing, and monitors/cleans stock room, work station and sales counter.
1. Monitors expenses and economizes, where possible, to ensure that retail operation is within the Council’s approved budget.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for all customers: in store, via email and via phone
- Provide courteous, consistent, professional and knowledgeable customer service to customers (volunteers, parents, girls, community members and staff)
- With the DRO, assist in identifying errors in the database and make appropriate corrections.
- Complete reports and other paper work in a timely fashion.
- Maintain weekly/monthly cycle counts year round and practice strong inventory control methods. Leads annual physical inventory of base location’s shop and stockroom.
- Ensure the efficient use of inventory transfers, inter-store as well as standard.
Other Duties (general that apply to all:
- Other duties as may need to support Council business, as assigned
- Travels to Shop on the Road and Summer Camp Trading Post events as assigned
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Retail Sales
- Knowledge of web based operations and RMS preferred
- Girl Scout experience preferred.
- Customer Service focus in all interactions
- Outstanding written and oral skills
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word
- Demonstrates ability to work independently; manage multiple priorities, creatively solve problems, and foster a pluralistic environment
- Flexibility, creativeness, and self- motivation
- Subscribes to the principles of the Girl Scout Movement; Girl Scout experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and provide own transportation for travel within the council jurisdiction
- Frequent mobility and sitting for extended periods.
- Some bending and stooping required
- Manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, copy machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals.
- Hearing within normal range for telephone use.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds of boxes or paper or equipment.
- Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people
- Must be able to react favorably in all work situations.
- Be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the council at any given point in time.
- Have emotional stability and personal maturity.
- Must be able to analyze causes of interpersonal conflict and resolve complex communications issues (i.e., undefined roles, objectives, and information gaps).
- Ability to listen to people, perceives the real problems, and bring issues to a successful conclusion.
- Must have the ability to give, receive and analyze information; formulate work plans; articulate strategies, goals and action items.
- Possess a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle required.
- Ability to travel and transport shop merchandise to events as needed
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Customer Service
- Quality Control