The Communications & Marketing Manager (CM) is responsible for helping create and implement a strategic and multi-faceted communications plan designed to further develop and strengthen The Hunt Institute’s role and reputation as a leader and authoritative voice in state and national education policy. This will include thoughtful, consistent collaboration with Institute leadership as it relates to the production and dissemination of high-quality state and national publications, new media strategies, marketing materials, and overall brand management to support The Institute’s strategic plan.
The CM will manage the Graphic Designer. The CM will report to the Chief of Staff but is expected to have consistent and collaborative working relationships with all staff.
- Identifies timely, appropriate opportunities to support organizational initiatives and construct communications deliverables to promote and publicize activities including, but not limited to signature events, program initiatives, and opportunities that increase staff visibility (i.e. speaking engagements, podcasts and presentations).
- Crafts high-quality internal and external written materials, including, but not limited to press releases, media advisories, op-eds, letters to the editor, newsletters, and targeted marketing materials.
- Serves as the last proofread leading up to production.
- Executes efficient publication production workflow, including the oversight of internal and external (i.e. partner, vendor) deadlines. This will require consistent coordination with project leads, authors of various Institute publications, the Chief of Staff, and the Graphic Designer.
- Manages all media contacts through Cision.
- Oversees The Institute’s online social media efforts including The Institute’s blog, the Intersection, as well as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube platforms.
- Writes and schedules content for online social media accounts working closely with staff to identify content, amplify messaging, and strategically utilize the Institute’s network (i.e. partners, Foundation/Advisory Board, HK Fellows) to reinforce efforts.
- Manages the progress and work of The Institute’s new website, launching in spring of 2020.
- Coordinates The Institute’s website maintenance, ensuring that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Monitors current events and trends in education to anticipate potential public statements, placement of op-eds and letters to the editor, and partner/stakeholder coordination.
- Manages The Institute’s IT vendor relationship, as well as oversees internal IT needs including minor day-to-day troubleshooting and maintenance and new employee setup.
- Tracks and collects data that evaluates communications activities including social media, email and website analytics, creating measurement reports and offering recommendations for improvement.
- BA in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field;
- Dynamic candidates should possess at least five years of relevant professional communications experience;
- Knowledge of state and national P-16 education policy and North Carolina landscape a plus;
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills;
- Robust understanding of building, managing, and improving a brand;
- Proven ability to develop strategic messaging with demonstrated impact;
- Experience crafting columns/blogs that represent an informed, bipartisan voice;
- Deep knowledge of the latest trends in social media and marketing;
- Ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and effectively manage multiple tasks;
- Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as superior attention to detail;
- Meticulous editing skills with knowledge of AP and APA styles;
- Creative and critical thinking;
- Experience with analytics and measurement tools;
- Proficiency with InDesign and WordPress;
- Ability to anticipate, manage, and resolve conflicts; and
- Independence and self-confidence to act decisively and, at the same time, an ability to receive, integrate, and translate others’ ideas and suggestions.
Ideal candidates will also demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment;
- Hands-on, leads by example;
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach;
- Constantly seeking to apply best practices;
- Willingness to work collaboratively and consider new ideas; and
- Commitment to the organization’s mission, financial stability, and success.
Commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit cover letter, along with a résumé or CV, to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications & Marketing Manager.” Position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At the Hunt Institute, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.