This position is based remotely in the Southwest region. Our preference is the position be based in Colorado or Utah but we are also open to candidates being based in NV, AZ or NM.
350.org is looking for a motivated organizer who is excited about building a movement powered by volunteers that is ready to take on the fossil fuel industry.
350.org is hiring a Regional Organizer who can help us recruit, train and support volunteer leaders in the Southwest region with a focus on Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and Nevada. This person will use digital platforms and traditional organizing skills to grow 350’s organizing networks in the region and increase public participation in campaigns to stop fossil fuels and win equitable climate solutions. The organizer will be part of our national field team working to build a powerful, grassroots climate justice movement.
- Daily interaction with local leaders and volunteers on the ground, troubleshooting, building relationships and general support
- Drafting emails to a volunteer base, hosts or leaders for distributed actions
- Several calls with internal teams on specific projects (e.g. an upcoming action), an internal campaign call, or a check in with your manager
- Helping develop organizing plans for our network and activists
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
- 3+ years of experience in the nuts and bolts of organizing including recruiting, organizing, training, and supporting volunteer-led grassroots organizations and experience supporting the development of effective leaders.
- Experience or familiarity organizing with an orientation to movement building and broader social justice approach, including working in diverse coalitions, especially in communities of color, low-income communities, and communities impacted by climate change.
- Campaign strategy, planning, and volunteer management experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively with people from diverse racial, ethnic, class, age, gender, and sexual orientation backgrounds.
- Ability to adapt to and juggle evolving and competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working independently as part of a remote team and communicating over phone, Slack, and messaging programs.
- Enthusiasm and ability to travel up to 25% of your staff time including a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Experience working on grassroots campaigns to influence decision makers.
- Experience building or leading a local activist organization, including creating effective structures, decision-making and campaign development.
- Fluency in additional languages beyond English (particularly Spanish)
- Experience creating externally facing, written and/or visual content for organizing campaigns
- Familiarity or excitement to learn digital organizing skills using new strategies and platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple projects and relationships.
Compensation: $55,000 - $65,000