El Sistema Colorado - Director of Development
Our mission: El Sistema Colorado harnesses the joy of music and ignites the potential in our future leaders through an immersive youth music education program that transcends socioeconomic barriers.
The Director of Development performs a wide range of fundraising, data maintenance, and marketing functions. This position provides direct support to the Executive Director (ED). The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently, as well as collaboratively to meet all revenue targets. A key priority is maintaining excellent donor services and database systems. The Development Manager ensures the timely coordination of all ESC actions related to fund development (i.e., individual donors, foundations, corporate and community members) for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage ESC’s sustainable, multi-source development plan created by the Executive Director and Board of Directors Development Committee to raise $460,000 in the coming fiscal year (August 1, 2020 to July 31). This work supports the Executive Director in managing fundraising goals.
- Work closely with the full-time VISTA (recruited for capacity building and marketing) to ensure all grant applications and reporting deadlines are met; seek out new long and short-term grant opportunities.
- Donor database management: Maintain up-to-date, accurate donor records and timely, donor acknowledgements and communications. ESC uses Donor Perfect for our donor database.
- Work with the ED and VISTA Development and Communications volunteer to create effective development and marketing infrastructure.
- Coordinate strategic donor meetings with staff and/or board members.
- Coordinate development activities with ESC’s marketing strategy and messaging, in conjunction with the Executive Director, including a well-planned year-end annual giving campaign that optimizes all fundraising opportunities (e-blasts, social media, targeted mailings, Colorado Gives Day, etc.).
- Keep the strictest of confidence regarding all donor and financial information.
- Update the Executive Director and board regularly and promptly on status changes in all fundraising activities, revenue impact and important operational changes.
- Assist with all fundraising events and related activities.
- Reporting: Create donor reports and operational updates as needed by the Executive Director.
- Manage and submit all financial and fundraising forms required by the CNDC (e.g., invoices, cash flow, grant award letters / reports, etc.)
- Manage the website and social media updates with the VISTA Volunteer
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embraces the mission of El Sistema Colorado
- 2 years minimum experience in nonprofit fundraising administration
- Highly organized and efficient with a track record of follow-through
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- High level of competence with technology: Constant Contact, Donor Perfect, and Google Suite
- Initiative: self-directed, able to set clear targets and achieve results
- Collaborative: works well with others to listen, solve problems and achieve common goals
- Communication: promptly shares with others as appropriate; can negotiate/persuade as needed
- Adaptable: open to change and new ideas - handles pressure and adjusts to meet changing needs
Compensation: Salary Range of $45,000 to $50,000
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance/Short and Long Term Disability/LifeLock/IMA BenePlus Card, 401k (after 1 year with 1000 hours worked).
Paid time off benefits - Holidays/Sick/Vacation
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and three references to Whitney Stuberg at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
Applications being accepted through 4/19/2021
We believe that we are better as an organization when we build a team that has authentic representation from diverse communities, backgrounds and beliefs. We strongly encourage qualified candidates from historically marginalized communities to apply for roles within our team
The Director of Development will work from the El Sistema Colorado Music Center at 2980 Curtis Street Denver, CO 80205. El Sistema Colorado is a project under the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (CNDC). ESC’s tax exemption falls under the EIN of the CNDC.
El Sistema Colorado is a project of the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (CNDC) and all employees are CNDC employees. CNDC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. CNDC prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age 40 and over, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all employees.