OVERVIEW OF CNDC: Are you excited by the idea of working with a nonprofit that supports 70+ charitable organizations across Colorado, giving you the chance to support a wide range of missions that are improving the quality of life for Coloradans? Do you enjoy roles that involve “behind the scenes” work? If so, read on for more information about the open Office Manager position at Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (CNDC), the state’s largest fiscal sponsor (see description of fiscal sponsorship below). CNDC supports community leaders in launching and managing Projects that aim to bring about social change. In our 20 years of operation, we have grown to be a trusted partner whose administrative services allow charitable projects to focus on their programming and impact while we focus on the back-office piece of operations. We currently serve over 70 projects (https://cndc.org/what-we-do/projects-we-support/), encompassing 200+ employees, and thousands of volunteers. Project missions are wide-ranging, and include education, public health, community organizing, environmental protection, and more. Each Project is different, from multi-million dollar budgets with multiple staff and programs to those that are solely volunteer led with smaller fundraising needs and everything in between. For more on CNDC visit, www.cndc.org.
As a member of our administrative team (currently 19 people), you can expect to join a dynamic workplace where staff collaborate with each other through and across work groups, teams, and departments. At CNDC, every week can bring something new and different. On any given day, you may find yourself:
- Working with colleagues on our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion audit, learning about how we can deconstruct racist structures that show up in our work
- Supporting a new Project leader with navigating a challenge
- Leaning on our robust processes and procedures to handle one of your day-to-day tasks
- Popping into a Zoom scavenger hunt hosted by CNDC’s fun committee
- And much more in between!
CNDC also strives to create space for our team to celebrate and build our relationships, whether it be informal time to enjoy a meal together (when it’s COVID safe!) to designated time for us to kick back at the end of work week and share stories over Zoom. Further, CNDC values staff learning and growth, and strives to encourage staff members to seek out opportunities that will help them grow both in their current position and as they work towards future career goals.
CNDC is committed to racial justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion. In the spring of 2020, we hired consultants to start us down the path of becoming a more just organization. We are looking for team members who will join us on that journey. While we are still learning and growing in that work, we aim to be a workplace where staff feel valued, heard, and feel like they can grow.
Fiscal sponsorship is when a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (CNDC) accepts charitable groups (“Projects”) under its legal umbrella, allowing them to operate as nonprofits without needing to apply for approval from the IRS. At CNDC, we practice comprehensive fiscal sponsorship (https://www.fiscalsponsors.org/models-of-fiscal-sponsorship) meaning there is no separation between CNDC and the Projects we fiscally sponsor – one bank account, one tax ID number, one insurance policy, etc. As the fiscal sponsor, CNDC provides Projects with back-office administrative services including accounting, human resources, risk management, banking, legal support, and capacity building. Fiscal sponsorship helps creates efficiencies and accountability in the nonprofit sector, as it frees up Project leaders so they can focus on program development and delivery, fundraising, and board development, and planning in service of their mission rather than on the back-end administrative services mentioned above.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION: The Office Assistant assists staff and Projects with general office functions for Colorado Nonprofit Development Center.
- Answer phones on multi-line phone system and direct calls to appropriate person
- Provide organizational overview and other requested information to prospective Projects
- Respond to email and online inquiries from prospective Projects, Projects, and other stakeholders in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain and support scheduling system for flexible office space and meeting rooms for Projects and other stakeholders and respond to inquiries about the space
- Prepare monthly thank you letters and tax receipts for donors and funders
- Review content and information on Colorado Collaborative for Nonprofits’ website and inform point person of any necessary changes
- Schedule virtual and in-person meetings and phone calls for CNDC staff and board of directors
- Sort and distribute mail , including filling out expense forms as needed
- Check fax log and and administrative email inbox and distribute to appropriate persons
- Update contacts in Salesforce, Constant Contact, WordPress, and Microsoft Outlook
Reception and Hospitality Functions:
- Keep work areas and conference room stocked, neat, and clean
- Order water, coffee, tea, snacks, and cleaning supplies as needed
- Assist Projects and CNDC staff with credit card initiation, distribution, and maintenance
- Type general correspondences or other material as requested
- Create and maintain Project forms, including fillable pdfs
- Maintain office files, including managing shared folders and scans
- Maintain offsite storage database, including scheduling pick-ups and deliveries
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Work with vendors to place orders and maintain accounts such Tech Soup, Office Depot, and Amazon
- Maintain equipment check out to Projects
- Perform remote check deposits for finance team
- Fulfill employee onboarding and offboarding tasks in accordance with organizational checklist
- Provide assistance to other staff and help with special projects
- Assist with developing and maintaining departmental procedures
- Run errands by car
Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who is/has:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum one years’ experience in reception, office assistance, or a related administrative position
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with multi-line phone systems, fax machines, scanners, and copiers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience managing multiple calendars and scheduling meetings
- Ability to follow organizational and departmental procedures
- CO Driver’s License and state-minimum automobile insurance
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and handle multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail and interruptions in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, Projects, funders, vendors, and other stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365, or a similar product, and well versed in basics of operating technology with a curiosity to learn new software and platforms.
Helpful but not required:
- Formal training or education such as a certificate program or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Minimum three years’ experience in reception, office assistance, or a related administrative position
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector
- Experience with standard business communication with C-Suite-level professionals or a board of directors
- Experience using Salesforce or related CRM software
OFFICE/REMOTE WORK: CNDC is working remotely due to threat of COVID, though this position will require going into the office 1-2 days a week. Employees should have access to a strong internet connection, cell phone, and space to work, although we have some flexibility. CNDC provides a laptop and needed accessories, cell phone stipend, and supplies. Post-COVID, we anticipate a flexible work environment where employees can choose to work from home or the office with at least occasional time in the office. Employee requests for full-time remote work are handled on a case-by-case basis. CNDC’s normal hours of operation are 8:30-5:00 with flexibility depending on job requirements and personal circumstances. NOTE: If you are excited about this position, but remote work seems like a barrier or may not be feasible for you, we encourage you to apply.
CNDC has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine Policy, you must provide proof of Vaccine or Request an Accommodation Form for Medical/Religious Exemptions before first day of hire.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range is $19.23-$22.60
- 401K Matching after a year of service and minimum 1000 hours
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to [email protected]. Please reference Office Assistant in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 7th.
Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (CNDC) and all employees are CNDC employees. CNDC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. CNDC prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age 40 and over, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all employees.
For more information on CNDC, please visit www.cndc.org.