ABOUT THE DUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Chief Financial Officer, CFO will report directly to the CEO taking lead responsibility for supporting and advising the CEO and Board of Directors on all issues related to accounting and finance, budgeting and reporting, forecasting and financial analysis and modeling, investment management, contracts administration, and new business analysis. The CFO will supervise HopeWell’s Finance team.
The CFO must be highly numerate with an ability to create, manage, interpret, and present financial analysis, forecasting, and resource management. This role must have the ability to oversee short-, medium-, and long-term budgetary planning and cost management, as well as monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally in alignment with HopeWell’s strategic plan.
- Working with the CEO and senior leaders of the organization to develop and manage an annual operating budget of approximately $25 million and invested funds of more than $8 million.
- As a true business partner to the CEO and senior leaders assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and HopeWell’s strategy. Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery. Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
Financial and Operational Management
- Leading and continually improving stewardship of HopeWell’s resources, including management, expenditure, and investment of financial assets and care of physical assets.
- Working with the Development team to create project and grant budgets, overseeing restricted gifts, and ensuring systems are developed/maintained to reconcile philanthropic contributions to HopeWell.
- Creating and maintaining internal financial analysis, including forecasting, modeling, and strategic planning.
- Acting as a liaison to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors and the Treasurer and providing support, reports, and guidance on financial and governance issues.
- Supervising both internal staff and external vendors to support the organization with long-term strategies, timely financial reporting, and support services ranging from cash management and payroll for staff.
- Serving as the liaison between the finance team and others at HopeWell and providing regular internal reports and other support as needed.
- Communicating regularly with banks, investment advisors, auditors, financial services providers, lawyers, and other vendors that support HopeWell’s financial functions.
- Overseeing HopeWell’s annual audits and tax preparation process.
- Overseeing HopeWell’s government contracts and grants management processes.
- Making HopeWell a leader among non-profit organizations in adopting best management and compliance practices.
- Establishing internal control procedures, monitoring compliance, and devising policies, procedures, and documentation to provide guidelines for accounting/ finance/administrative staff.
- Leveraging technology and implementing process improvements to create efficiencies in the Finance team’s work.
- Participate in organization development as a member of the executive leadership team.
- Assuming additional responsibilities as requested by the CEO.
- Mentor and develop a direct team of 4-5, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of the direct span of control.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WITH BOTH ROLES
- Advocate on behalf of child/adolescent/family with other community programs.
- Provide ongoing support for family members when a referral has been made to an outside agency.
- Attends and actively participates in all supervision and staff meetings.
- Attend trainings as assigned; maintain necessary certifications and licenses.
- Under the emergency shelter home program, ensure that the appropriate staff members participate in 72-hour and 30-day meetings as well as 14-day placement reviews.
- Minimum of 10 years of financial nonprofit experience or related business expertise preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $10 million.
- A minimum of a BS; a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
- At least five years’ experience as CFO or equivalent.
- Both technical and management experience in the non-profit sector, preferably with significant grants management experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and management skills.
- Ability to communicate with program directors regarding their program's finances and to encourage accountability for financial performance.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and implement new processes and improved systems.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and proven success in designing and improving systems of accountability which encourage high levels of collaboration.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to establish respect, credibility, and trust at all levels including staff, Board, partners, and vendors.
- A high level of personal and professional integrity with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Deep strategic and analytical capacity to lead planning around fiscal dimensions of organizational goals and operations; abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team management experience.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
$150,000 - $200,000
HopeWell offers a comprehensive total rewards package that values employee wellness, work-life balance, and continuous learning. Benefits include student loan pay-down assistance, tuition reimbursement, continuing education units and supervision towards licensure, funding for professional development, as well as a full suite of healthcare benefits, and generous paid time off.
Please submit an application here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1596851/HopeWel...