As the Director of Talent & Leadership, you will play a pivotal role in helping TFA alumni launch social ventures, develop into and assume senior roles in school systems, nonprofits, policy, advocacy and as elected leaders. In this position, you will support the vision of TFA-DFW's Alumni Program in three unique ways: First, you will support aspiring senior leaders in sharpening their skill through a combination of internal and external development opportunities. In particular, you will design, manage and lead TFA-DFW's Inaugural School Systems Leader Fellowship. Second, you will strategically identify high impact opportunities in our landscape for aspiring senior leaders and build partnerships with gatekeepers to increase the number of alumni in those roles. Lastly, you will set the vision and strategy for supporting alumni interested in launching social ventures through formalized partnerships with incubators and accelerators.
To be competitive for this role, you must be an excellent project manager with a strong background in leading adult learning and building partnerships. You should be motivated by the idea of helping increase the size and impact of alumni in senior leadership roles through executing talent sourcing and networking strategies. You also find energy in meeting with many individuals and supporting them with their development needs and career goals. The ideal candidate should have a strong Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness orientation and a deep understanding of the educational landscape.
Set vision and strategy to help alumni develop into and assume senior roles in school systems, nonprofits, policy, advocacy and as elected leaders (60%)
- Cultivate the bench of alumni
- Build relationships with alumni poised for future senior leadership roles to better support them in their career trajectories, via small group gatherings and individual conversations
- Design, manage, and execute DFW’s Inaugural Aspiring School Systems Leaders Fellowship, which includes recruitment, selection, budget monitoring, curriculum design and monitoring, etc.
- Connect alumni with LEE and other external leadership development programs to put them on a path to senior leadership
- Boost alumni leadership platforms through strategic speaking and other visibility experiences
- Execute new opportunities in alignment with the TFA Texas strategic direction as needed
- Identify & match alumni to senior leadership positions
- Analyze our landscape to identify the greatest need and opportunities for alumni to make a high impact through senior leadership roles
- In collaboration with the Managing Director, Talent & Leadership, build and manage partnerships with key leaders in education & mission-aligned organizations to create access & generate demand for alumni
- Lead recruitment of alumni for prioritized leadership positions in Dallas – Fort Worth, using a variety of sourcing channels and methodologies, including Salesforce, and LinkedIn.
- Communicate with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and projected job openings for alumni
- Provide coaching and development for aspiring senior leaders through talent tools & resources to create high-quality resumes, cover letters and other interview materials
Support alumni in launching social ventures (15%)
- Identify and build partnerships with mission-aligned organizations to establish formal pathways for alumni to explore and launch social ventures
- Recruit and inspire TFA alumni to pursue social ventures via group events and individual conversations
- Increase connectivity among aspiring and current entrepreneurs through small and medium group gatherings
Talent & Leadership Sub Team Responsibilities (15%)
- Maintain up-to-date data tracking systems to accurately communicate progress to goals and impact alumni are having throughout our community
- Help execute T&L communication strategies to local and national alumni
- Support cross-functional collaboration with Corps Member Development/ Onboarding Institute Team (ONIT) to ensure strong talent support across the participant journey
- Collaborate with both Managers of Talent & Leadership to ensure alumni talent strategy is aligned to the needs of our district & hiring partners.
- Support other sub-team and functional team initiatives as necessary
Regional Responsibilities (10%)
- Support, attend and/or participate in region-wide and Corps Programming events including onboarding, corps member selection, All-Corps Conferences, staff meetings, retreats, etc.
- 4+ years of work experience required
- Designing and facilitating adult learning experiences required
- Career coaching or talent development experience highly preferred
- Previous experience with recruitment and/or hiring preferred
- TFA corps experience preferred
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate and influence others through written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional ability to build and execute complex project plans within high-stakes deadlines
- Ability to identify learning needs for adults, to translate that into objectives and learning experiences and design strong content
- Excellent organization, detail-orientation, and project management skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms is a plus
- Ability to travel to in-person conferences 2-4 times a year
- Flexible work schedule and work location
- Some evenings and weekends required