The Development Associate's primary responsibilities are to ensure a high-quality database, run accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, carry out timely and accurate donor acknowledgment, and have an ongoing awareness of new or changing developments from Blackbaud for Raisers Edge database. The Development Associate will also provide administrative support to the Director of Development.
This position requires nonprofit development database experience, the ability to work autonomously, comfortable with new and existing technology, excellent attention to detail, and strong teamwork skills and communication.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Raiser's Edge database integrity and management, ensuring that all aspects of donor giving are accurately recorded and reported and that all constituent and gift data is collected and organized to be efficiently utilized by the Development staff for internal and external reporting
- Diligently enter all gifts and pledges into the database along with speedy and accurate generation of acknowledgment letters
- Create new constituent records, update contact information, enter research information and notes, and other donor-related documents
- Update constituent information in Raiser's Edge to match CASA of Contra Costa County’s database conventions as necessary, including returned mail, customer service issues, etc.
- Consistently work on donor constituent records to maintain segmentation by donor type, EOP attendee, recurring donor, etc.
- Consistently work on Constant Contact email list to ensure appropriate segmentation.
- Assist with compilation and production of analytic reports by running queries, lists, gifts, donor profiles, and action reports
- Maintain a calendar of donor contacts for Development Director
- Contribute to the development, documentation, refinement and facilitation of the Database Process and Procedure sections of the Development Department Operations Manual and develop new process guides for new database app affiliates
- Plan and execute an annual calendar of data maintenance tasks including deceased finders, address scrub, and wealth screen
- Prepare monthly reports identifying new donors, matching gifts, recurring donors, and any movement of donors
- Become familiar with Double the Donation, Life Legacy, and Changemakers programs to update programs as needed.
- Assist in the monthly reconciling of donor database and financial systems via monthly revenue reconciliations with bookkeeper and provide requested documentation during yearly audits
- Stay informed on latest technology developments for fundraising
- Direct experience within a non-profit development department
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Donorperfect, or other high-level database
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and fast turnaround times
- Knowledge of Microsoft 360 (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet research, and desire to learn adjacent apps such as Double the Donation and a planned giving app
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of thoroughness, accuracy and detail
- Ability to maintain strictest levels of confidentiality
- High standards of excellence and a “does whatever it takes to accomplish the job” attitude
- High level of multitasking ability
- Self-motivated with creative and efficient use of time and resources in planning and managing various responsibilities to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable making suggestions that could improve workflow
This position is non-exempt, approximately 10-20 hours per week. The salary is $22.00 hourly.
This is a remote position.