The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is seeking a Program Director for our Association Childcare Department.
Are you interested in working with a Cause Driven organization? Do you have a collaborative spirit committed to character development by promoting and demonstrating caring, honesty, respect and responsibility to staff, lay leaders, YMCA members, program participants and the general public? Would you like to join an organization that believes in strengthening the foundation of our communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility?
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is seeking a Program Director for our Association Childcare Department. This individual will enthusiastically represent the YMCA by displaying a positive attitude, maintaining a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job through the four character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. The Program Director will create a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals whileinspiring youth to discover their passions. The Program Directorwill develop, organize and implement high-quality YMCA childcare programs for our Before and After School and Day Camp programs.
- Manages, directs and coordinates the school-age childcare programs for assigned location(s). Ensures high-quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state childcare licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Maintains proper records/department files.
- Organizes special events for parents. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Must be 21 years or older
- One to two years related experience preferred, as a coordinator or supervisor of childcare programs
- Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards (if any) and completion of YMCA program-specific certifications
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred
Salary: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00